Nicholas Fairfax, 14th Lord Fairfax of Cameron
The Lord Fairfax of Cameron
|Member of the House of Lords|
|Assumed office |
26 November 2015
|Preceded by||Lord Montagu of Beaulieu|
|Born||4 January 1956|
Annabella Ruth Morriss
|Parents||Thomas Fairfax, 13th Lord Fairfax of Cameron|
Sonia Helen Gunston
|Alma mater||Eton College|
Nicholas John Albert Fairfax, 14th Lord Fairfax of Cameron (born 4 January 1956) is a Scottish nobleman, peer, and politician. He is the current (as of 2015) holder of the title of Lord Fairfax of Cameron, succeeding his father, Thomas Fairfax, 13th Lord Fairfax of Cameron.
Early life and education
Nicholas John Albert Fairfax was born 4 January 1956, the eldest son of Thomas Fairfax, 13th Lord Fairfax of Cameron (1923–1964) and his wife, Sonia Helen Gunston (1927-2017). Fairfax was educated at Eton and Downing College, Cambridge (LLB in International Law), is a barrister and was called to the Bar following becoming a member of Gray's Inn (1977).
Lord Fairfax's directorships of several companies are as follows: Thomas Miller P and I, and Thomas Miller Defence, 1987–90; Sedgwick Marine & Cargo Ltd, 1995–96; British-Georgian Soc. Ltd, 2006; Sovcomflot (UK) Ltd, since 2005; Sovcomflot, 2007. He is Patron of AMUR Tiger and Leopard Charity, 2006. He is a Freeman of the City of London and a Liveryman of the Shipwrights' Company.
He was a member of the House of Lords first from 1977 to 1999. In November 2015, he was elected to return to the House at a Conservative hereditary peers' by-election, following the death of Lord Montagu of Beaulieu (1926–2015).
In 1982, he married Annabella Ruth Morriss (born 13 January 1957), eldest daughter of Nicholas and of Sarah Gilham Morriss, of Newmarket, by whom he has three sons:
- Hon. Edward Nicholas Thomas Fairfax (born 20 September 1984)
- Hon. John Frederick Anthony Fairfax (born 27 Jun 1986)
- Hon. Rory Henry Francis Fairfax (born 21 May 1991)
- Burke's Peerage, Baronetage and Knightage: 107th Edition, Volume 1. Burke's Peerage (via thepeerage.com). 2003. p. 1372. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- Conservative hereditary peers' by-election, November 2015
- Who's Who 2008
- Lord Fairfax's listing at Burke's Peerage BROKEN LINK
- Debrett's People of Today[permanent dead link]
- Nicholas Fairfax, 14th Lord Fairfax of Cameron
|Peerage of Scotland|
| Lord Fairfax of Cameron
|This biography of a Lord of Parliament in the Peerage of Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|