Nicholas Fairfax, 14th Lord Fairfax of Cameron
|The Lord Fairfax|
|Member of the House of Lords
24 November 2015
|Preceded by||Edward Douglas-Scott-Montagu|
|Born||14 May 1956|
|Spouse(s)||Annabella Ruth Morriss|
|Parents||Thomas Fairfax, 13th Lord Fairfax of Cameron
Sonia Helen Gunston
|Alma mater||Eton College
Nicholas John Albert Fairfax, 14th Lord Fairfax of Cameron (born 4 January 1956) is the current (as of 2015) holder of the title of Lord Fairfax of Cameron, succeeding his father, Thomas Fairfax, 13th Lord Fairfax of Cameron.
Early life and education
Nicholas John Albert Fairfax was born 4 January 1956, the eldest son of Thomas Fairfax, 13th Lord Fairfax of Cameron (1923–1964) and his wife, Sonia Helen Gunston. Fairfax was educated at Eton and Downing College, Cambridge (LLB in International Law), is a barrister and was called to the Bar following becoming a member of Gray's Inn (1977).
Lord Fairfax's directorships of several companies are as follows: Thomas Miller P and I, and Thomas Miller Defence, 1987–90; Sedgwick Marine & Cargo Ltd, 1995–96; British-Georgian Soc. Ltd, 2006; Sovcomflot (UK) Ltd, since 2005; Sovcomflot, 2007. He is Patron of AMUR Tiger and Leopard Charity, 2006. He is a Freeman of the City of London and a Liveryman of the Shipwrights' Company.
He was a member of the House of Lords first from 1977 to 1999. In November 2015, he was elected to return to the House at a Conservative hereditary peers' by-election, following the death of Lord Montagu of Beaulieu (1926–2015).
- Hon Edward Nicholas Thomas Fairfax (born 20 September 1984)
- Hon. John Frederick Anthony Fairfax (born 27 Jun 1986)
- Hon. Rory Henry Francis Fairfax (born 21 May 1991)
|Ancestors of Nicholas Fairfax, 14th Lord Fairfax of Cameron|
- Burke's Peerage, Baronetage and Knightage: 107th Edition, Volume 1. Burke's Peerage (via thepeerage.com). 2003. p. 1372. Retrieved 12 August 2016.
- Conservative hereditary peers' by-election, November 2015
- Who's Who 2008
- Lord Fairfax's listing at Burke's Peerage
- Debrett's People of Today
- Nicholas Fairfax, 14th Lord Fairfax of Cameron
|Peerage of Scotland|
Thomas Brian McKelvie Fairfax
|Lord Fairfax of Cameron
|This biography of a peer, peeress or noble of the United Kingdom, or one or more of its constituent countries, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of a Scottish peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|