|Minister of Economy and Trade|
13 June 2011
|Prime Minister||Najib Mikati|
|Preceded by||Mohammad Safadi|
28 November 1946 |
Al Tall, Tripoli, Lebanon
|Political party||Glory Movement|
|Alma mater||Saint Joseph University
Harvard Business School
Nicholas Nahas (born 28 November 1946) is a Lebanese businessman, politician and the current minister of economy.
Early life and education
Nahas was born in Tripoli on 28 November 1946. He received a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering from Saint Joseph University in Lebanon in 1972 Then he attended the postgraduate ISMP program at Harvard Business School in 1992. and received a degree in business administration there.
Nahas began his career as a businessman in varied fields. In 2005, he was appointed by then prime minister Najib Mikati as the chief economical counsellor. Nahas was appointed minister of economy and trade on 13 June 2011 to the cabinet led by Najib Mikati. He is one of the government ministers appointed by the prime minister in the cabinet.
Nahas is married to Antoinette Haidar and has three children.
- "About Us". Ministry of Economy. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "Lineup of Mikati’s 30". The Daily Star. 14 June 2011. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "Economic climate change following the Arab Spring Revolutions". IE. 26 November 2011. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "Nicolas Nahas". The Harris School. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "The Cabinet". Embassy of Lebanon Washington DC. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "Lebanon government 'does not signal radical shift'". Gulf News. 13 June 2011. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
|Minister of Economy and Trade