||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009)|
|Nicholas V. Perricone|
June 23, 1948 |
Branford, Connecticut, US
|Occupation||Dermatologist, nutritionist, author|
|Education||Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, University of New Haven|
|Subject||Health, weight loss, anti-aging, skin care|
Nicholas Perricone //, MD, is a board certified dermatologist, nutritionist who has written several books, primarily on the subjects of weight loss and maintaining the appearance of youth. Perricone is an Adjunct Professor of Medicine at Michigan State University’s College of Human Medicine, from which he received his MD. He has over 40 U.S patents and appeared in two special programs on PBS. Perricone sells his own line of skin care products.
According to PEERtrainer, Perricone presents himself as a radical in the dermatological community, repeatedly encouraging his audience to challenge the status quo. He compares his work relating diet to skin care with Ignaz Semmelweis's work on hand washing and the spread of disease in the 1800s.
Perricone takes a staunchly anti-Botox stance. He argues that an anti-inflammatory diet plus nutritional supplements and topical anti aging products can produce a better result in fighting the aging process. In an interview with Marie Claire magazine, Perricone writes that "Botox is a neurotoxin that paralyzes the muscle. After people use it, they start losing volume in their face, and that accelerates the appearance of aging."
- Forever Young: The Science of Nutrigenomics for Glowing, Wrinkle-Free Skin and Radiant Health at Every Age. Atria Books, 2010.
- Ageless Face, Ageless Mind: Erase Wrinkles and Rejuvenate the Brain. Ballantine Books, 2007.
- Dr. Perricone's 7 Secrets to Beauty, Health, and Longevity: The Miracle of Cellular Rejuvenation. Ballantine Books, 2006.
- The Perricone Weight-Loss Diet: A Simple 3-Part Plan to Lose the Fat, the Wrinkles, and the Years. Ballantine Books, 2005.
- The Perricone Promise: Look Younger, Live Longer in Three Easy Steps. Warner Books, 2004.
- Dr. Nicholas Perricone's Programme: Grow Young, Get Slim, in Days!. Thorsons, 2004.
- The Clear Skin Prescription : The Perricone Program to Eliminate Problem Skin. HarperCollins, 2004.
- The Acne Prescription: The Perricone Program for Clear and Healthy Skin at Every Age. HarperCollins, 2003.
- The Perricone Prescription: A Physician's 28-Day Program for Total Body and Face Rejuvenation. Harper, 2002.
- The Wrinkle Cure: The Formula for Stopping Time. Vermilion, 2001.
- The Wrinkle Cure: Unlock the Power of Cosmeceuticals for Supple, Youthful Skin. Rodale, 2000.
- "Wrinkle Cure With Dr. Nicholas Perricone". Alabama Public Television. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Perricone Anti-inflammation Diet". PEERtrainer. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Botox Makes You Look Older? One doctor swears it does.". Marie Claire. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Dr. Perricone: Beauty from the Inside Out". GOOP Newsletter by Gwyneth Paltrow. Retrieved 2012-03-28.