Nick Adams (commentator)
Nick Adams (September 1984) is a former Australian politician who later emigrated to the United States and has become a conservative commentator and author in that country. Donald Trump has made favorable comments and tweets about his work, including a tweet promoting his book Green Card Warrior on March 3, 2017, and a tweet promoting his book Retaking America on August 25, 2017. He is not an American citizen, but holds an EB-1 visa.
Born in Australia (where he survived childhood cancer diagnosed at 16 months of age), Adams went to college at the University of Sydney. A member of the Young Liberals, He was elected to the Ashfield council in 2005 and also became the youngest ever deputy mayor in Australia. He promoted a plan to kill all pigeons to combat the avian flu. He also opposed multiculturalism. In 2009, he was suspended from the Liberal party for six months after a row with a local television journalist who was reporting on Adams' frequent absence from meetings to travel to America.
In addition to appearing as a pundit on Fox News and other conservative media outlets, Adams has been a columnist for Townhall.com and a "Centennial Institute Policy Fellow" at Colorado Christian University.
- The American Boomerang (2014)
- Green Card Warrior: My Quest for Legal Immigration in an Illegals’ System (November 2016)
- Retaking America: Crushing Political Correctness (April 2017)
- The Case Against the Establishment with Dave Erickson (to be published October 2017)
- Weir, Bob (30 September 2016). Weir: An Australian immigrates to America, Cross Timbers Gazette
- Lozada, Carlos (3 March 2017). Trump tweeted that this new immigration book is a ‘must read.’ So I read it — and you must not, Washington Post
- Trump tweet on Retaking America, twitter.com (@realdonaldtrump 7:32am EDT 25 August 2017)
- Dear Friends, nickadamsinamerica.com, retrieved 25 August 2017 (confirming that he obtained an extraordinary ability green card, which is an EB-1 visa)
- Wilson, Jason (14 July 2015). How a would-be pigeon-killer became a Fox News pundit, The Guardian
- Macey, Jennifer (2 November 2005). Sydney council wants to eradicate pigeons over bird flu, AM
- Roberston, James (4 March 2017). From Ashfield pigeons to President Trump's endorsement: the rise of Nick Adams, Sydney Morning Herald
- Garcia, Laura (18 March 2016). Political commentator visits Victoria, announces his nonprofit, The Victoria Advocate
- McBride, Jessica (3 March 2017). Nick Adams, ‘Green Card Warrior’ Author: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know, Heavy.com