Augusto performing with Devil You Know in 2016
August 4, 1986 |
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S.
|Genres||Metalcore, heavy metal, thrash metal, grindcore|
|Associated acts||Trivium, Maruta, Metal Militia, Ends of the Earth Entropy|
Nick Augusto (born August 4, 1986) is an American drummer, best known as the drummer of heavy metal band Trivium, in which he played from 2009 until 2014. He is the drummer for Devil You Know and other notable projects.
||This section needs to be updated. (May 2016)|
Augusto was the drummer for the Floridian grindcore band Maruta, as well as Metal Militia, in which he played with Trivium bassist Paolo Gregoletto whom he had known since kindergarten. He was a part of Trivium technical crew being responsible for drums. After the first leg of "Into The Mouth Of Hell We Tour", which was the band's first domestic tour as a headliner, the drummer and founding member Travis Smith went on indefinite hiatus. Augusto was offered to fill-in for him, as the band praised his speedy approach to performing its songs. He played his first show with Trivium on October 29, 2009 at The Masquerade in Atlanta. The band finished the second leg of the tour on December 12, 2009 playing a hometown show in Orlando, still with Augusto on drums.
On February 4, 2010, shortly before the upcoming Asian tour, Augusto was introduced as the new official member of Trivium, as Travis Smith again refused to join the band for live performances. Around the same time two new songs, "Shattering the Skies Above" and Sepultura cover "Slave New World", were released, both featuring Augusto. Since then he recorded two studio albums with the band and appeared in numerous music videos.
On May 3, 2014 he played Carolina Rebellion festival show which turned out to be his last with Trivium. Four days later it was announced that he left Trivium to pursue other musical interests.
In May 2016-January 2017 Augusto played drums on tour for the band Devil You Know although is yet to be named the permanent drummer.
- Implosive Disgorgence – Chapters EP
- Entropy - "Protean"
- Infernaeon – A Symphony of Suffering (prosthetic records)
- Entropy - "This Tide As Manifest Destiny" EP
- Maruta- Demonstration
- Maruta – In Narcosis (willowtip records)
- Maruta - this comp kills fascists (relapse records)
- Ends Of The Earth – Rebirth EP
- Corrosion - EP (maskina records)
- Shattering the Skies Above (2010)
- Slave New World (Sepultura Cover) (2010)
- In Waves (2011)
- Vengeance Falls (2013)
- Trivium (October 28, 2013). "Trivium - Vengeance Falls Documentary (Part 3)". Retrieved May 31, 2016 – via YouTube.
- "TRIVIUM ANNOUNCE NEW DRUMMER – Roadrunner Records UK". Roadrunnerrecords.co.uk. 2010-02-04. Retrieved 2011-11-18.
- "Former TRIVIUM Drummer Nick Augusto's New Band, CORROSION, Sounds Like A Heavier TRIVIUM - Metal Injection". February 26, 2015. Retrieved May 31, 2016.
||This article needs to be updated. (May 2016)|