Augusto performing with Devil You Know in 2016
August 4, 1986 |
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S.
|Genres||Metalcore, heavy metal, thrash metal, grindcore|
|Associated acts||Trivium, Maruta, Metal Militia, Ends of the Earth Entropy|
|This section needs to be updated. (May 2016)|
Augusto was the drummer for the Floridian grindcore band Maruta, as well as Metal Militia, in which he played with Trivium bassist Paolo Gregoletto whom he had known since kindergarten. He was a part of Trivium technical crew being responsible for drums. After the first leg of "Into The Mouth Of Hell We Tour", which was the band's first domestic tour as a headliner, the drummer and founding member Travis Smith went on indefinite hiatus. Augusto was offered to fill-in for him, as the band praised his speedy approach to performing its songs. He played his first show with Trivium on October 29, 2009 at The Masquerade in Atlanta. The band finished the second leg of the tour on December 12, 2009 playing a hometown show in Orlando, still with Augusto on drums.
On February 4, 2010, shortly before the upcoming Asian tour, Augusto was introduced as the new official member of Trivium, as Travis Smith again refused to join the band for live performances. Around the same time two new songs, "Shattering the Skies Above" and Sepultura cover "Slave New World", were released, both featuring Augusto. Since then he recorded two studio albums with the band and appeared in numerous music videos.
On May 3, 2014 he played Carolina Rebellion festival show which turned out to be his last with Trivium. Four days later it was announced that Trivium had parted ways with Augusto, still during their co-headlining tour with Volbeat, with a statement from Gregoletto released, citing offstage differences between Augusto and the rest of the band as the main cause. Similarly to Travis Smith story, the band's drum technician Mat Madiro took over his position and later became an official member.
In May and June of 2016 Augusto played drums on tour for the band Devil You Know
- Implosive Disgorgence – Chapters EP
- Entropy - "Protean"
- Infernaeon – A Symphony of Suffering
- Entropy - "This Tide As Manifest Destiny" EP
- Maruta – In Narcosis
- Ends Of The Earth – Rebirth EP
- Shattering the Skies Above (2010)
- Slave New World (Sepultura Cover) (2010)
- In Waves (2011)
- Vengeance Falls (2013)
- Trivium (October 28, 2013). "Trivium - Vengeance Falls Documentary (Part 3)". Retrieved May 31, 2016 – via YouTube.
- "TRIVIUM ANNOUNCE NEW DRUMMER – Roadrunner Records UK". Roadrunnerrecords.co.uk. 2010-02-04. Retrieved 2011-11-18.
- "TRIVIUM Parts Ways With Drummer NICK AUGUSTO". May 7, 2014. Retrieved May 31, 2016.
- "Former TRIVIUM Drummer Nick Augusto's New Band, CORROSION, Sounds Like A Heavier TRIVIUM - Metal Injection". February 26, 2015. Retrieved May 31, 2016.
|This article needs to be updated. (May 2016)|