|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 5th district
January 7, 2013-December 31, 2014
|Preceded by||Craig Newbold|
|Succeeded by||Tim Ginter|
|Alma mater||Kent State University, University of Akron School of Law|
Nick Barborak is a former Democratic member of the Ohio House of Representatives for the 5th district. Before his election he was Treasurer of Columbiana County, a position he was first appointed to in 2007 after the incumbent was elected to the Ohio House of Representatives. He was subsequently elected to a full term. In November 2011 Barborak announced he would run for the House seat against incumbent Republican Craig Newbold. He defeated Newbold in the election with 50.57% of the vote. Barborak lost re-election in 2014 to Tim Ginter.
Ohio's 5th House District encompasses all of Columbiana County.
- "Nick Barborak - House District 5". Ohio House of Representatives. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Barborak plans to seek Ohio House seat held by Newbold". Salem News. 24 November 2011. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Ohio House of Representatives: November 6, 2012". Ohio Secretary of State. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Meet Nick Barborak". Ohio Democratic Party Columbiana County. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "House District Map". Ohio House of Representatives Homepage. October 21, 2014.
|This article about a member of the Ohio House of Representatives is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|