Blood at the MCM London Comic Con in 2015
|Alma mater||London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art|
Blood is also co-creative director, founder and writer for "Good, Best, Better" and is developing a short film and television series.
Blood was born in Aylesbury, England. He joined his local drama club at the age of 7 and soon realized that he wanted to become an actor. Blood went to local school Wingrave C&E before he was a pupil at Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School in Aylesbury. Blood subsequently attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
Film and television
In 2011, he appeared in the Channel 4 drama Misfits as the coma victim, Dom, Jen's boyfriend. In 2011, he was announced to play the role of Kieran, a butcher, in fictitious "Valco" in the Sky1 sitcom Trollied. Blood left the show in the finale of Season 3.
In 2012, Blood gained his first feature film role as Davy Famous in Spike Island.
In 2013, he appeared in the final season of Him & Her as Becky's ex-boyfriend, Lee. Him & Her appears on BBC Three. Lee is a charming young lad which Becky's parents adore very much and prefer to be Becky's boyfriend more than Steve, who is played by Russell Tovey, and is Becky's fiancé. In 2014, Blood appeared in ITV's mystery drama The Bletchley Circle, as Ben, a police officer. Blood also appeared in the Channel 4 police comedy-satire Babylon. He also provides a voice in the video game Dragon Age: Inquisition.
Blood became a regular on the second season of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Lance Hunter, a mercenary whom Coulson turns to for help and who agrees to join S.H.I.E.L.D. His character is later forced to retire from S.H.I.E.L.D. prior to the season 3 finale.
In 2009, Blood formed a theater company called "WE. BUY. GOLD" with his friend at LAMDA, Tom McCall.
WE. BUY. GOLD.'s debut show, Inches Apart, which was co-written and starred Blood, was entered into the Old Vic New Voices Theatre 503 Award, which it subsequently won. The Old Vic then produced a full professional production at the theatre503, it opened 12 May and closed 13 June 2009.
Blood made his professional stage debut in 2009 in The Priory as Adam, at the Royal Court Theatre which ran from 19 November 2009 to 16 January 2010. In 2010, he went on to perform as Sordido in the modern adaptation of the Jacobean tragedy Women Beware Women at The National Theatre, directed by award-winning Marianne Elliott.
In 2011, he appeared in Backbeat which told the story of the formation and early years of The Beatles. It ran in the Duke of York's Theatre from 10 October 2011 to 18 February 2012, and Blood played the lead role of the "fifth Beatle" Stuart Sutcliffe. Due to the musical nature of the role he has learned to play bass guitar, and also subsequently joined a band, Shaaark. The show was an overwhelming critical success during its West End run. This success took the show to Toronto, Ontario, Canada, from 24 August 2012 to 31 August 2012, for a run of seven days.
|2012||Spike Island||Dave Famous|
|2014||Between Places||Christian||Short film|
|2014||Red Lobster||Himself||Short film|
|2014||Commitment||Tube Male||Short film|
|2009||The Bill||Mick Jones||2 episodes: "Smash and Grab: Part 1", "Smash and Grab: Part 2"|
|2010||Material Girl||Alex||Main cast|
|2010||Stanley Park||Harry Stevens||Main cast|
|2010||Combat Kids||Paul||Main cast|
|2011||Misfits||Dom||1 episode: "Episode #3.5"|
|2012||Public Enemies||Glen Smithfield||2 episodes: "Pilot", "Episode #1.2"|
|2013||Him & Her||Lee||Recurring cast (season 4)|
|2014||The Bletchley Circle||Ben Gladstone||Recurring cast (season 2)|
|2014–2016, 2017||Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.||Lance Hunter||Main cast (season 2-3) 35 episodes|
Guest star (season 5) Episode: "Rewind"
|2016||Most Wanted||Lance Hunter||TV pilot (unaired)|
|2014||Dragon Age: Inquisition||Additional voices (voice)|
|2018||Vampyr||Agamemnon, Harry, Lord Hamersley, Pericles, Priwen Guard 2, Thomas (voices)|
- "Nick Blood". IMDB. Retrieved 29 November 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 February 2015. Retrieved 31 December 2014.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Palme, Sandra. "Interview with Nick Blood". Archived from the original on 24 November 2011. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- ABC Team. "Lance Hunter. Played by Nick Blood". abc.go.com. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "Material Girl". BBC. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- BWW News Desk. "Nick Blood, Andrew Knott And More Lead BACKBEAT At Duke of York's". Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- "Misfits episode 5, acting review Review of Misfit's episode 5 and Lauren Socha's acting performance". Oh no they Didn't!. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- "Trollied". RTÉ. Archived from the original on 10 September 2012. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- "Trollied: Nick Blood plays Kieran". Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- Robinson, John (3 August 2011). "Tv highlights". London: The Guardian UK. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- Theatre503 team (2009). "The winner of the Old Vic New Voices Theatre503 Award delights audiences and critics alike. One of this year's boldest theatrical events". theatre503.com. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- Royal Court Theatre#Productions 2008 .E2.80.93 May 2013
- GoodBestBetter Team (June 2012). "June 2012". goodbestbetter.com. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- Royal Alexandra Theatre Team (2012). "BACKBEAT". toronto-theatre.com. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nick Blood.|