Nick Friedman, born in 1981, is an American entrepreneur best known for co-founding College Hunks Hauling Junk and College Hunks Moving with lifelong friend and business partner Omar Soliman. He is a co-author in the how-to book for aspiring entrepreneurs titled "Effortless Entrepreneur, Work Smart, Play Hard, Make Millions" with Soliman.Friedman is also a TV personality who has appeared on multiple TV shows, a public speaker, and a co-executive producer of the documentary, "Beware of Mr. Baker."
Nick Friedman grew up in the Washington, D.C. Area and he attended the Sidwell Friends School, a K-12 program. Following graduation in 2000, he attended Pomona College in California where he played basketball for four years.
Following college graduation, Friedman worked briefly as an economic research analyst for Marsh and McLennan Companies, Inc. He quit employment to pursue entrepreneurship at College Hunks Hauling Junk with his friend and business partner Omar Soliman a business they had founded while in college.
Friedman has appeared on the following television programs: ABC's Shark Tank, Bravo's Millionaire Matchmaker, The Nate Berkus Show, FOX Business News, The Dylan Ratigan Show and House Hunters.
Friedman co-executive produced the documentary, "Beware of Mr. Baker".
In 2008 Friedman was listed by Inc. Magazine as one of the "Top 30 Entrepreneurs Under 30".
- "Advice From College Hunks: How to Start a Company With Your Best Friend". CBS News. 7 September 2010. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Nick Friedman". Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Variety Reviews". Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- Heath, Thomas (22 Sep 2008). "Building Piles of Trash Into Heaps of Cash". The Washington Post. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "This Guy Quit His Consulting Job To Haul People's Junk, And Is Now Making Millions". 8 Aug 2011. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- Heath, Thomas (22 September 2008). "Building Piles of Trash Into Heaps of Cash". The Washington Post. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "The Huffington Post: Nick Friedman Blog". Huffington Post. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- Plumb, Tierney (7 Aug 2009). "College Hunks Hauling Junk founders jump in 'Shark Tank'". Washington Business Journal. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Millionaire Matchmaker Nick and Omar Episode". Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Fox Business News". Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Nick Friedman LIVE on MSNBC's The Dylan Ratigan Show". Retrieved 23 July 2012.