|Launched||5 July 1995 (Original)
12 September 2005
|Closed||31 May 1998 (Original)|
|Network||Viacom International Media Networks Northern Europe|
|Owned by||Viacom International Media Networks Northern Europe (Viacom)|
|Audience share||0.6% (2014, )|
|Slogan||Mach mal Nickelodeon|
|Astra 1M||11.973 GHz V / 27.5|
|Astra 1N||12.148 GHz H / 27.5 (Austria)|
|Sky Deutschland||Channel 550 (HD)
Channel 1351 (Austria)
|Cablecom||Channel 30 (Germany)
Channel 27 (Switzerland)
Nickelodeon Germany (German: Nickelodeon Deutschland) , known on-air only as Nickelodeon, is a children's cable television network in Germany, part of the international Nickelodeon franchise. Launched on 2005, Nickelodeon Germany is based in Berlin. The channel is available on cable and an unscrambled, free-to-air (FTA) satellite signal. On 31 March 2010, the channel adopted the name Nickelodeon on-air and online, in addition to the new Nickelodeon logo being rolled out internationally at the time.
The original version of Nickelodeon was launched on 5 July 1995 and aired the first time 6 hours per day. Finally, Nickelodeon was on the air from 6:00am until 8:00pm, when VH-1 Germany took over. The channel was a failure and continually lost money, this being a result of weak advertising sales and the inability to compete against its more successful rival, Der Kinderkanal. As a result, Nickelodeon closed on 31 May 1998 and VH-1 took over the entire channel space. Nickelodeon soon thereafter struck a deal with RTL's owner the Compagnie Luxembourgeoise de Télédiffusion to broadcast their programming on RTL's own children's channel, Super RTL (which, ironically, was a joint venture between RTL and Disney) in addition to a weekend morning Nicktoons block on the main RTL channel. After VH-1 Germany shut down in 2001 (and was replaced by a pan-European feed on a separate channel), it was replaced with MTV2 Pop.
On 7 April 2005 it was announced that on 12 September 2005 Nickelodeon Germany will be reactivate under the name Nick (On air as NICK) as a new channel. Nick started with a Prime-Time programme called Nick Comedy that aired sitcoms and other comedy shows. Nickelodeon took over the frequencies of music channel MTV2 Pop, which was one of four channels that were operated by Viacom in Germany. Since February 2006, in addition to international shows, own produced shows went on air. In October 2007 a special German version of the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards took place.
In the beginning of 2008 Nick tried to establish a Prime-Time family programme under the brand Nick nach acht (Nick after eight). It aired documentaries, drama series, movies and sitcoms. It used an adapted logo of its American counterpart. Many parts of the block included reruns of Ren and Stimpy and CatDog. Since 15 December 2008, Nick and Comedy Central Germany share the same programming block, with Comedy Central airing after 20:15, effectively replacing Nick nach acht.
On 31 March 2010 the channel adopted the new international logo. Nick was renamed Nickelodeon and Nick Premium was rebranded Nicktoons.
Since 1 June 2011 Nickelodeon Germany is broadcasting in HD. New logo was used from January 2012. It is now pushed out like the logo used on the website. Along with the launch of the new logo, there were new idents and bumpers which currently did not have bumpers. These bumpers were from the US and the UK.
Since 23 September 2013 Nickelodeon uses new bumper and have a new slogan which is called: Mach mal Nickelodeon (Make Nickelodeon).
Since 1 June 2006 an Austrian version of Nickelodeon is also broadcast, initially timesharing with an Austrian version of VIVA from 06:00 (CET) to 19:00 (CET). On 1 January 2011 the broadcasting structure changed dramatically when Austrian MTV was scrapped and replaced with a new, overhauled VIVA Austria. Comedy Central Austria then took over old VIVA's place. Programming is identical to the German version, other than commercials and promotions. On air the channel is known as Nickelodeon Austria.
From 1 October 2014 Nickelodeon Austria starts also to broadcast 24 hours per day.
A Swiss version of Nickelodeon for German-speaking viewers began on April 1, 2009, first sharing time with a Swiss version of VIVA Switzerland. Then (from May 16, 2011 onwards) with a new localised Swiss version of Comedy Central. Programming schedule and times were many years identical to the other German-speaking versions. Meanwhile, the channel get its own schedule. Originally, it was a block on SRF zwei.
On air the channel is known as Nickelodeon Schweiz.
From 1 October 2014 Nickelodeon Switzerland starts also to broadcast 24 hours per day.
Nick Jr. is a channel that broadcasts to younger kids. The channel was launched on 12 September 2005 as a block and on 31 March 2009 as a channel. Before the channel launched, some programs were shown Super RTL and Disney Channel.
|Parts of this article (those related to Programming) need to be updated. (July 2014)|
Shown with their German titles in brackets.
- Adventure Time (From season 3 on)
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- The Fairly OddParents (Cosmo und Wanda – Wenn Elfen helfen)
- George of the Jungle
- Get Blake! (Schnappt Blake!)
- Harvey Beaks
- Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness (Kung Fu Panda – Die Serie)
- Max Steel
- Monsters vs. Aliens
- Oggy and the Cockroaches (Oggy und die Kakerlaken)
- The Penguins of Madagascar (Die Pinguine aus Madagascar)
- Rabbids Invasion
- Sanjay and Craig (Sanjay und Craig)
- SpongeBob SquarePants (SpongeBob Schwammkopf)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Transformers Robots in Disguise (Transformers: Getarnte Roboter)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal
- Winx Club
- 100 Things to Do Before High School
- Bella and the Bulldogs
- Henry Danger
- Game Shakers
- Life with Boys (Allein unter Jungs)
- The Haunted Hathaways (Voll Vergeistert)
- The Thundermans (Die Thundermans)
- Wingin' It (Highschool Halleluja)
- Bubble Guppies
- Dora and Friends: Into the City!
- Fresh Beat Band of Spies
- Little Charmers
- PAW Patrol
- Transformers: Rescue Bots
- Wanda and the Alien
- Big Time Rush
- Catfish: The TV Show
- Clarissa Explains It All (Clarissa)
- Degrassi: The Next Generation
- Drake & Josh
- Faking It
- The Next Step
- Zoey 101
- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (Aaahh!!! Monster)
- Action League Now!
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
- The Adventures of Pete & Pete (Pete & Pete)
- All Grown Up! (All Grown Up - Fast erwachsen)
- The Angry Beavers (Die Biber Brüder)
- As Told by Ginger (Gingers Welt)
- Back at the Barnyard (Barnyard – Der tierisch verrückte Bauernhof)
- The Backyardigans (Backyardigans - Die Hinterhofzwerge)
- Blue's Clues (Blue's Clues - Blau & Schlau)
- Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures (Bucket & Skinner)
- Catscratch (Katzekratz)
- ChalkZone (Chalk Zone – Die Zauberkreide)
- Das Haus Anubis
- Dora the Explorer (Dora)
- El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera
- Fanboy & Chum Chum
- Fred: The Show
- Genie in the House
- The Gnoufs (Die Gnoufs)
- Go Diego Go!
- Grossology (Geheimcode: Grittit)
- Growing Up Creepie (Creepie)
- Hero Factory
- Hey Arnold!
- Hotel 13
- Huntik: Secrets & Seekers
- Invader Zim
- Iron Man: Armored Adventures (Iron Man – Die Zukunft beginnt)
- Johnny Test
- King Arthur's Disasters (König Arthur)
- Kappa Mikey
- Kenan & Kel
- Louie, the Rabbit
- Lucky Fred
- Max and Ruby (Max & Ruby)
- The Mighty B! (Mighty B! Hier kommt Bessie)
- Mr. Meaty
- My Life as a Teenage Robot (Teenage Robot)
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (My Little Pony: Freundschaft ist Magie)
- Naturally, Sadie (Einfach Sadie!)
- Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide (Neds ultimativer Schulwahnsinn)
- Noah Knows Best (Was geht, Noah?)
- Olive the Ostrich (Olive der Strauss)
- Planet Sheen (Planet Max)
- Power Rangers Samurai
- Power Rangers Super Samurai
- Rekkit Rabbit (Rekkit Riesenhase)
- The Ren & Stimpy Show (Die Ren & Stimpy Show)
- Ricky Sprocket: Showbiz Boy (Ricket Sprocket)
- Robot and Monster (Robot und Monster)
- Rocket Monkeys
- Rocket Power
- Rocko's Modern Life (Rockos modernes Leben)
- Sam & Cat
- Shuriken School (Generation: Ninja)
- Sorry, I've Got No Head (Die Mannohnekopf Show)
- Supah Ninjas
- Sweet Valley High
- Tak & the Power of Juju (Tak und die Macht des Juju)
- Team Planet
- Team Umizoomi (Umizoomi)
- Tickety Toc
- The Troop (Troop - Die Monsterjäger)
- The X's (Familie X: In geheimer Mission)
- True Jackson, VP (True Jackson)
- T.U.F.F. Puppy
- Wayside (Die Wayside Schule)
- The Wild Thornberrys (Expedition der Stachelbeeren)
- Wonder Pets
- Yakkity Yak
- Yin Yang Yo!
- Zack & Quack
- "Kommission zur Ermittlung der Konzentration im Medienbereich". 2013. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- Nickelodeon kehrt als Nick nach Deutschland zurück
- Bürger Lars Dietrich wird erster Moderator von Nick
- Nick setzt künftig auf Dokus in der Primetime
- Nick zeigt künftig auch spätabends Cartoons
- Viacom stellt TV-Kanal Comedy Central ein
- TV-Sender Nick verpasst sich neuen alten Namen
- MTV, Viva, Nickelodeon/Comedy Central auch in HD
- Nickelodeon zeigt sich ab Montag in neuem Look
- Kastner dampft Viva ein und baut Nickelodeon aus
- Nickelodeon sendet 24 Stunden, Comedy Central siedelt zu Viva
- Viacom-Sender VIVA und NICK ab Juni mit Österreich-Fenster
- Premiere Star: Zwei Mal MTV und Nick Premium
- Ab März: Aus Nick wird wieder Nickelodeon
- Engadget HD
- Broadband TV News