LaBrocca playing for the Colorado Rapids
|Full name||Nicholas LaBrocca|
|Date of birth||December 4, 1984|
|Place of birth||Howell Township, New Jersey, United States|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|2003–2006||Rutgers Scarlet Knights|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of November 11, 2016
Youth and college
After impressing the scouts at the 2007 MLS Combine, LaBrocca was selected 35th overall by Colorado Rapids in the 2007 MLS SuperDraft. LaBrocca was a regular starter for the reserve team that won the 2007 MLS Reserve Division championship, and became a regular fixture in the senior team during the 2008 MLS season.
In March \2010, LaBrocca was traded with a third-round pick in the 2011 MLS SuperDraft pick to Toronto FC in exchange for Marvell Wynne. He made his debut for Toronto FC on March 27 in a 2–0 loss to Columbus Crew. LaBrocca scored his first goal for the club in a 4–1 home victory over Chicago on May 8.
In March 2011, LaBrocca was traded to Chivas USA in exchange for Alan Gordon. The move to Chivas USA would end up serving as the catalyst for LaBrocca's career year. On July 9, LaBrocca scored the 10,000th goal in MLS history in a 1–1 draw with Sporting Kansas City. Then, on July 19, LaBrocca was selected as a reserve player for the 2011 MLS All-Star Game against Manchester United. He played the second half as Manchester United won 4–0.
LaBrocca has played for the US national U-20 and U-23 national teams. On November 11, 2008 LaBrocca received his first call up to the senior national team camp ahead of a World Cup Qualifier against Guatemala, but did not play in the game.
- Nic LaBrocca player profile Archived 2007-08-08 at the Wayback Machine., Major League Soccer. Accessed August 20, 2007.
- Toronto FC Acquires Nick LaBrocca: Reds trade Marvell Wynne to Colorado for midfielder
- "Reds Acquire Gordon". Toronto FC.
- "CHIVAS USA: LaBrocca scores 10,000th". ESPN.com.
- "Chivas USA's LaBrocca earns respect with All-Star nod". MLSsoccer.com.
- Rosano, Nicholas (22 January 2013). "Chivas continue rebuild, send LaBrocca to COL for Avila". MLSsoccer.com. Major League Soccer. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- "Chicago Fire Sign Midfielder Nick LaBrocca". Chicago Fire.