Lachey in March 2012
|Born||Nicholas Scott Lachey
November 9, 1973
Harlan, Kentucky, U.S.
|Occupation||Singer-songwriter, actor, producer, television personality|
|Spouse(s)||Jessica Simpson (m. 2002; div. 2006)
Vanessa Lachey (m. 2011)
|Relatives||Drew Lachey (brother)|
Nicholas Scott "Nick" Lachey (// lə-SHAY; born November 9, 1973) is an American singer-songwriter, actor, producer, and television personality. Lachey rose to fame as the lead singer of the multi-platinum selling boy band 98 Degrees. He later starred in the reality television series Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica with his then-wife, Jessica Simpson. He has released four solo albums, SoulO, What's Left of Me, A Father's Lullaby and Soundtrack of My Life. He is also known for his recurring role as Leslie St. Claire on the television series Charmed.
Lachey attended the School for Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA) in the Cincinnati Public School District (CPS). He attended Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. In the fall of 1992, he enrolled as a freshman at the University of Southern California, according to a statement he made during his guest appearance on The Arsenio Hall Show on December 12, 2013.
Lachey started his professional singing career at Kings Island with friend Justin Jeffre in the mid-1990s singing in a group quartet throughout the park. Lachey was a member of boyband 98 Degrees along with his brother, Drew, Justin Jeffre, and Jeff Timmons. Their debut album was the self-titled 98 Degrees; however, the band's first real success came with their follow up album 98 Degrees and Rising. 98 Degrees has sold over 10 million records. 98 Degrees performed a one-off summer reunion show in Hershey, Philadelphia at the Summer Mixtape Festival on August 18, 2012, their first concert in more than a decade.
During the summer of 2003, the reality show, Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica, starring Lachey and then-wife Jessica Simpson began airing on MTV. The couple starred in the television special The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour, which aired in 2004 and was compared to The Sonny & Cher Show. In 2005, Newlyweds won a People's Choice Award for Favorite Reality Show before wrapping shortly after. On November 11, 2003, his solo debut album, SoulO, was released. Despite being released during the success of Newlyweds, the album was a commercial failure. Lachey took a recurring role on series Charmed between 2004 and 2005.
What's Left of Me was released on May 9, 2006 and debuted at number two on the Billboard 200. The album was certified Gold, after selling more than 500,000 copies domestically. The first single from the album was the title track, "What's Left of Me", released on February 21, 2006. The song became a hit, reaching a peak position of number six on the Billboard Hot 100. The video for "What's Left Of Me" featured former MTV VJ, Vanessa Minnillo. Lachey recorded "Ordinary Day" for the Oprah Winfrey-produced film, For One More Day. Lachey began working on his third solo album in 2007. Lachey also starred in a well known TV series, One Tree Hill, as a singer at Red Bedroom Productions. It was announced in January 2010 that Jive Records had put his new album on hold indefinitely. In June 2010, Lachey confirmed that he had parted ways with Jive Records.
Taking the Stage, a musical reality show documenting the lives of high school students at the School for Creative and Performing Arts, premiered on MTV in March 2009. It was produced by Lachey. In December 2009, he hosted The Sing-Off, a four-part American singing competition featuring a cappella groups, a role he reprised during December 2010 for the show's second and third season on NBC. Lachey was a contestant in the NBC celebrity reality competition series called Stars Earn Stripes.
Lachey is part owner of the Hollywood Fame, a team in the American Basketball Association that began play in fall 2006, and was part of an ownership group of the Tacoma Rainiers, the Seattle Mariners' Triple-A affiliate. Lachey is also a die-hard Cincinnati Bengals, Cincinnati Reds, and Cincinnati Bearcats fan. On April 7, 2009, Lachey threw out the ceremonial first pitch for the MLB Opening Day game in Cincinnati, Ohio. On July 9, 2011 Lachey sang the National Anthem for the inaugural NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky.
Lachey was born in Harlan, Kentucky, the son of Cate (Fopma) and John Lachey. In December 1998, Lachey and fellow singer Jessica Simpson were introduced by their shared manager at a Christmas event. They subsequently began dating after meeting again at a Teen People event in January 1999, but broke up for five months beginning in April 2001 until getting back together following the 9/11 attacks. They became engaged in February 2002, and married on October 26, 2002 in Austin, Texas. In November 2005, after months of tabloid speculation, Lachey and Simpson announced they were separating. Simpson filed for divorce on December 16, 2005, citing "irreconcilable differences." The couple's divorce was publicized worldwide and was reportedly finalized on June 30, 2006.
Soon after the release of "What's Left of Me", Lachey's 2006 music video starring Vanessa Minnillo, he and Minnillo began dating. They briefly broke up in June 2009, but by October 2009, Lachey confirmed that they were back together after having been "single for a minute". Lachey and Minnillo became engaged in November 2010, and married on July 15, 2011, on Sir Richard Branson's private Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands. The wedding was filmed and televised on TLC. The couple has two children: son Camden John Lachey (born September 2012) and daughter Brooklyn Elisabeth Lachey (born January 2015).
|2003—2005||Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica||Himself||Reality television|
|2003||Christmas in Rockefeller Center||Musical Guest||Television special (NBC)|
|2004||American Dreams||Tom Jones||Episode: "I'm Not with Her"|
|2004||Charmed||Leslie St. Claire||6 episodes|
|2004||I'm with Her||Tyler Vance||Episode: "To Tell the Truth"|
|2004||Hope & Faith||Chris||Episode: "Just-In Time"|
|2005||The Hard Easy||Jason Burns||Main role|
|2006||She Said, He Said||Kurtwood Weymouth||Main role; television pilot|
|2007||Rise: Blood Hunter||Dwayne||Cameo|
|2008||Clash of the Choirs||Choir Director||Reality television|
|2009||One Tree Hill||Himself||2 episodes (Season 6, episodes 21 and 23)|
|2009||Taking the Stage||Himself/Guest||Reality television|
|2009–present||The Sing-Off||Host||Reality television|
|2011||Hawaii Five-0||Tyler||Episode: "Powa Maka Moana (Pirate)"|
|2011||Nick & Vanessa's Dream Wedding||Himself||Televised wedding|
|2012||Stars Earn Stripes||Himself||Reality television|
|2013||The Winner Is||Host||Reality television|
|2014-2015||Big Morning Buzz Live||Host||Talk show|
|2015||Lachey's: Raising the Bar||Himself||Reality television|
Awards and nominations
- Best Love Song: What's Left of Me (August 20, 2006)
- Choice Red Carpet Fashion Icon (August 20, 2006)
- Best Male Video: What's Left of Me (nominated) (August 29, 2006)
- Favorite Male Pop/Rock Artist (nominated) (November 21, 2006)
- Nager, Larry (November 11, 2003). "TV's hottest newlywed says he's a regular local guy". Cincinnati Enquirer. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- "Kings Island Central - Kings Island History - Kings Island Shows and Entertainment". Kicentral.com. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Largest Amusement & Waterpark in the Midwest | Kings Island". Visitkingsisland.com. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- Jun 20th 2012 3:15PM by Kenneth Partridge (2012-06-20). "98 Degrees Reunion: Nick and Drew Lachey Confirm Boy Band Will Play One-Off Show in Hershey, Pennsylvania. - AOL Music Blog". Blog.music.aol.com. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- Himes, Stephen. "The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour". Flak. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- Kuntzman, Gersh (2005-01-10). "Moore Controversy at People's Choice Awards". foxnews.com. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- MacKenzie Wilson (1973-11-09). "((( Nick Lachey > Biography )))". allmusic. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- Susman, Gary (July 2, 2004). "Lucky 'Charmed'". Entertainment Weekly. pp. The MTV Newlyweds star will appear in a guest role for six episodes next season as a ghostwriter who fills in for columnist Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) during her sabbatical and ends up falling in love with her. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- Moss, Corey (2007-03-14). "Don't Tell Effie: Nick Lachey Says He's Teaming With 'Dreamgirls' Underdogs - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News". Mtv.com. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- ""Broke" Nick Lachey Vanessa Minnillo Can't Afford Dream Wedding". Popcrunch.com. 2010-01-22. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- "Stars Earn Strips Bio for Contestant Nick Lachey". Retrieved 2012-09-08.
- Takeda, Allison (January 16, 2014). "Nick Lachey Replacing Carrie Keagan as Host of VH1's Big Morning Buzz Live". Us Weekly. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 17, 2014). "Nick Lachey Joins VH1 'Big Morning Buzz Live' as Spring 2014 Host". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved February 18, 2014.
- "sports.espn.go.com". sports.espn.go.com. 2006-11-30. Retrieved 2012-10-04.
- King, Larry (October 14, 2003). "Interview With Nick Lachey, Jessica Simpson - Transcript". CNN. Retrieved July 5, 2013.
- "Jessica Simpson Biography - Will You Maui Me?". People. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- Silverman, Stephen M. (2002-10-28). "Lachey and Simpson Become Mr. and Mrs.". People. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- Borzillo-Vrenna, Carrie (2005-07-20). "Joe Simpson: Nick & Jessica's Marriage Is Solid". people.com. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- "Nick Lachey, Jessica Simpson Split". people.com. 2005-11-25. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- "Jessica Simpson, Lachey divorce final". USAToday.com. 2006-06-30. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- "Nick Lachey And Vanessa Minnillo Are Engaged". mtv.com. 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- "Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo Split". People. 2009-06-23. Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- "Nick Lachey & Vanessa Minnillo: Back On!". People. 2009-06-23. Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- "Vanessa Minnillo & Nick Lachey Are Engaged!". People. 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- Garcia, Jennifer. "Nick Lachey & Vanessa Minnillo: Why We Picked Necker Island for Wedding", People, July 18, 2011
- Garcia, Jennifer. "Vanessa Minnillo and Nick Lachey Are Married!", People, July 15, 2011
- Michaud, Sarah and Garcia, Jennifer. "Nick and Vanessa Lachey Welcome Son Camden John", People, September 13, 2012
- Webber, Stephanie (January 6, 2015). "Vanessa Minnillo Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby Girl Brooklyn Elisabeth With Nick Lachey: First Photo". Us Weekly. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- "Celebrity Partners". Feeding America. Retrieved July 12, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nick Lachey.|