|The Rt Revd
|Bishop of Plymouth|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of Exeter|
|In office||19 April 2014 (translated)|
|Other posts||Bishop of Crediton (2012–2015)|
|Consecration||30 November 2012|
19 August 1954 |
Bradninch, Devon, United Kingdom
|Alma mater||Queens' College, Cambridge|
Nicholas "Nick" McKinnel (born 19 August 1954) is an English Anglican bishop. He has been the Bishop of Plymouth, a suffragan bishopric in the Diocese of Exeter, since 2015. He was previously the suffragan Bishop of Crediton in the same diocese from 2012.
McKinnel was born on 19 August 1954. He studied at Queens' College, Cambridge, graduating Bachelor of Arts (BA): this was later promoted to Master of Arts (MA Cantab) as per tradition. He then trained for ordination at Wycliffe Hall, Oxford, an evangelical theological college.
McKinnel was ordained in the Church of England in 1980. He served his curacy in the Diocese of London from 1980 to 1983. He served as a chaplain at the University of Liverpool from 1983 to 1987. From 1994 to 2012, he was Rrctor of the Minster Church of St Andrew, Plymouth. From 2002 to 2012, he was also a prebendary of Exeter Cathedral.
In October 2012, it was announced that McKinnel was to become the Bishop of Crediton. On 30 November 2012, he was consecrated as the eighth Bishop of Crediton by Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury, at Southwark Cathedral. This was the final consecration undertaken by Williams before he stood down as Archbishop of Canterbury.
- Nick McKinnel (1954 to 1980)
- The Revd Nick McKinnel (1980 to 2002)
- The Revd Preb Nick McKinnel (2002 to 2012)
- The Rt Revd Nick McKinnel (2012 to present)
- Crediton, Bishop Suffragan of,. Who's Who 2014 (December 2013 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Suffragan Bishop of Plymouth: Nicholas McKinnel". Announcements. GOV.UK. 2 December 2014. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "New Bishop of Crediton named as Rev Nick McKinnel". BBC News. 2 October 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- Birch, Richard (29 November 2012). "Eighth bishop of Crediton to be consecrated". Exeter Express and Echo. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "Archbishop consecrates new Bishop of Crediton". Exeter Express and Echo. 13 December 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "Nick McKinnel named as new Anglican Bishop of Plymouth". BBC News. 2 December 2014. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- Diocese of Exeter — Vacancy in the See of Crediton (Archive.org) (Accessed 1 May 2015)
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Crediton
Sarah Mullally (announced)
|Bishop of Plymouth