Noonan with the Padres in 2016
|San Diego Padres|
May 4, 1989 |
|April 3, 2013, for the San Francisco Giants|
(through August 14, 2016)
|Runs batted in||8|
Noonan attended Francis W. Parker School in San Diego, California. He was named to the Aflac All-American West team. The Giants selected Noonan with their first round pick, 32nd overall, of the 2007 MLB Draft. He signed for $1 million, bypassing a commitment to attend Clemson University.
After the 2012 season, the Giants added Noonan to their 40-man roster.
Noonan was added to the Giants' Opening Day 25-man roster just prior to the 2013 season. He had his first MLB at bat on April 3, 2013 against the Los Angeles Dodgers in Dodger Stadium. In the top of the 9th inning, he grounded out to the 2nd baseman to end the inning. Noonan would go on to hit for an average of .219 in a limited number of plate appearances (111) in 62 games.
Noonan was designated for assignment on July 25, 2014. He signed a minor league deal with the New York Yankees before the 2015 season. He was released in July, and signed a minor league deal with the Giants on August 6. The Giants promoted Noonan to the major leagues on September 1. Noonan hit his first major league home run on September 30.
Noonan signed with the San Diego Padres organization for the 2016 season. After playing for the El Paso Chihuahuas, the Padres promoted Noonan to the major leagues on August 10, fulfilling his childhood dream to play for the Padres. 
- Dickens, Bill (June 15, 2007). "> Sports > High Schools - Local pick Noonan signs with S.F. Giants". SignOnSanDiego.com. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- "Prep star Noonan carries full toolbox | MLB.com: News". Chicago.cubs.mlb.com. June 19, 2012. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- "Giants add Noonan, four more to 40-man roster". Csnbayarea.com. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- Fox Sports. "MLB". FOX Sports. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- "Nick Noonan Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- "Giants call up Dan Uggla to start vs. Dodgers". ESPN.com. Associated Press. July 25, 2014. Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- "Minor Moves: Villarreal, Noonan, Rangers". MLB Trade Rumors. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- Brisbee, Grant (August 6, 2015). "Giants sign Nick Noonan to a minor-league deal, because of course they did". McCovey Chronicles. SB Nation. Retrieved August 6, 2015.
- "Giants DFA Justin Maxwell, add six to expanded roster". montereyherald.com. Retrieved September 30, 2015.