April 17, 1987 |
Staten Island, New York, United States
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||135 lb (61 kg; 9.6 st)|
|Reach||68.0 in (173 cm)|
|Fighting out of||New York City, New York|
|Team||Tiger Schulmann Fight Team|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Nick Pace (born April 17, 1987) is an American professional mixed martial artist who competes in the bantamweight division. A professional MMA competitor since 2008, Pace mostly fought in the Ring of Combat promotion where he was the reigning and inaugural Ring of Combat Bantamweight champion until he signed with World Extreme Cagefighting. After the WECs merger with the UFC, Pace became a member of the UFC.
Mixed martial arts career
Pace trains with the Tiger Schulmann Fight Team in Elmwood Park, New Jersey, alongside Bellator champion Lyman Good and fellow Ring of Combat champion Uriah Hall. Pace is head instructor at the Staten Island branch of Tiger Schulmann's Mixed Martial Arts and has trained with the team since the age of 10, influenced by his childhood love of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Pace began his career in the Ring of Combat promotion at Ring of Combat 22. He defeated Sean Santella via unanimous decision. Pace then joined the Bellator Fighting Championships and gained notice in the media with a flying knee KO of Collin Tebo. Pace later said "I hope Bellator calls me because I know I can win their tournament, but I hope the WEC calls me too."
Ring of Combat
Despite his wishes to compete in the Bellator tournament, he did not return and instead rejoined Ring of Combat where he defeated Lennox Chance via submission (rear naked choke) in the first round. He followed this up with a unanimous decision victory over Jose Adriano at Ring of Combat 29.
Pace was then rewarded with a Ring of Combat Bantamweight Championship fight against Steve DeAngelis. Pace was able to neutralise the wrestling of his opponent to keep himself out of trouble. Pace then secured a D'Arce Choke for the tapout, to take the title and become the inaugural champion. Pace would later have to relinquish the title, however, after signing with World Extreme Cagefighting.
World Extreme Cagefighting
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Pace faced Will Campuzano on December 4, 2010 at The Ultimate Fighter: Team GSP vs. Team Koscheck Finale. Pace failed to make weight for the bout, so it was fought as a catchweight bout. Pace defeated Campuzano in the 3rd round with a pillory choke, which was the first time the submission was used in a professional mixed martial arts bout.
Pace was expected to face Michael McDonald on August 6, 2011 at UFC 133. However, Pace instead faced Ivan Menjivar at the event after McDonald was pulled from the bout to compete at UFC 130. Pace lost via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
After losing to Torres, and missing weight for the second time in three fights, Pace was released from the promotion.
Cage Fury Fighting Championships
After four years away from competition, Pace made his return to MMA and fought for the CFFC Bantamweight Championship against Ricky Bandejas on Oct 31, 2015. He won the bout and became the title holder.
Championships and accomplishments
- Ring of Combat
- ROC Bantamweight Championship (One time)
- Cage Fury Fighting Championships
- CFFC Bantamweight Championship (One time, Current)
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|11 matches||8 wins||3 losses|
|Win||8–3||Ahmet Kayretli||Submission (rear naked choke)||Cage Fury Fighting Championships 63||February 18, 2017||3||3:47||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States||Defended the CFFC Bantamweight Championship|
|Win||7–3||Ricky Bandejas||Submission (rear naked choke)||Cage Fury Fighting Championships 52||October 31, 2015||1||2:51||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States||Won the CFFC Bantamweight Championship|
|Loss||6–3||Miguel Torres||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 139||November 19, 2011||3||5:00||San Jose, California, United States||Catchweight fight as Pace weighed in at 141 lb.|
|Loss||6–2||Ivan Menjivar||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 133||August 6, 2011||3||5:00||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States||Catchweight fight as Menjivar weighed in at 138 lb.|
|Win||6–1||Will Campuzano||Submission (pillory choke)||The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale||December 4, 2010||3||4:32||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Catchweight fight as Pace weighed in at 138 lb.|
|Loss||5–1||Demetrious Johnson||Decision (unanimous)||WEC 51||September 30, 2010||3||5:00||Broomfield, Colorado, United States|
|Win||5–0||Steve DeAngelis||Submission (D'arce choke)||Ring of Combat 30||June 11, 2010||1||3:03||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States||Won the ROC Bantamweight title.|
|Win||4–0||Jose Adriano||Decision (unanimous)||Ring of Combat 29||April 16, 2010||3||4:00||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||3–0||Lennox Chance||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Ring of Combat 28||February 19, 2010||1||1:37||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||2–0||Collin Tebo||KO (flying knee)||Bellator 11||June 12, 2009||1||1:37||Uncasville, Connecticut, United States|
|Win||1–0||Sean Santella||Decision (unanimous)||Ring of Combat 22||November 21, 2008||2||4:00||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
- "Nick Pace Tapology Profile". tapology.com. Retrieved July 16, 2014.
- "Sherdog Prospect Watch: Nick Pace". sherdog.com. June 9, 2010.
- "LaFlare, Hall, Barboza, Pace take ROC titles". sherdog.com. June 11, 2010.
- "Nick Pace replaces Clint Godfrey, faces Demetrious Johnson at WEC 51". mmajunkie.com. September 8, 2010.
- "UFC and WEC set to merge in 2011; events to air on Versus and Spike TV". mmajunkie.com. October 28, 2010.
- "Will Campuzano vs. Nick Pace in the works for The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale". mmajunkie.com. November 5, 2010.
- "UFC The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale". sherdog.com. December 4, 2010.
- "McDonald-Pace Ticketed for UFC 133 on Aug. 6". sherdog.com. April 14, 2011.
- "" Pillory " counter to rubber guard pass". youtube.com/gabrielraindog. April 2, 2009.
- "Five More Fights Added To UFC Fight Night 24 Card". mmarising.com. January 20, 2011.
- "MMA Spot's 10 Best Submissions Of 2010". mmaspot.com. January 1, 2011.
- "Michael McDonald meets Nick Pace at UFC 133 in August". mmatorch.com. April 14, 2011.
- "Menjivar-Pace Targeted for UFC 133 in Philly". sherdog.com. May 20, 2011.
- "Nick Pace says he's fighting Miguel Torres at UFC 139 in November". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2011-09-22.