July 12, 1989|
Utica, New York, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||230 lb (100 kg; 16 st 6 lb)|
New Jersey Devils
Schwenninger Wild Wings
|National team||United States|
79th overall, 2007|
New Jersey Devils
Nicholas Palmieri (born July 12, 1989) is an American professional ice hockey player who is currently under contract with HCB South Tyrol of the Austrian Hockey League (EBEL). He was selected by the New Jersey Devils in the third-round of the 2007 NHL Draft.
Palmieri played his first National Hockey League game with the New Jersey Devils on January 20, 2010, against the Florida Panthers, during which he scored his first NHL point, an assist on a Travis Zajac goal. His first NHL goal was an empty-net goal scored on January 9, 2011, against the Tampa Bay Lightning. His first game-winning goal was scored against the Dallas Stars.
On February 24, 2012, Palmieri was involved in a multiplayer trade by the Devils along with Stephane Veilleux and Kurtis Foster and additional draft picks to the Minnesota Wild in exchange for Marek Zidlicky.
On February 4, 2013, Palmieri was traded by the Wild, along with forward Darroll Powe, to the New York Rangers in exchange for veteran forward Mike Rupp. In August 2013, Palmieri signed with EHC München of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga.
After two seasons in Germany, Palmieri left the Schwenninger Wild Wings as a free agent, signing a one-year deal in the Neighboring Austrian EBEL on a one-year deal with Italian outfit, HCB South Tyrol on October 16, 2015. In the 2015–16 season, Palmieri made an immediate impression in Italy, contributing with 10 goals and 25 points in 43 games. On May 19, 2016, Palmieri opted to extend his tenure with the foxes in agreeing to a further one-year deal.
Regular season and playoffs
|2009–10||New Jersey Devils||NHL||6||0||1||1||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||New Jersey Devils||NHL||43||9||8||17||6||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||New Jersey Devils||NHL||29||4||3||7||12||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||Schwenninger Wild Wings||DEL||35||7||3||10||88||—||—||—||—||—|
- Powles, Jason. "Palmieri called up to New Jersey". WKTV. Utica, New York: Smith Media. Archived from the original on September 27, 2011. Retrieved January 20, 2010.
- "Pee-Wee players who have reached NHL or WHA" (PDF). Quebec International Pee-Wee Hockey Tournament. 2018. Retrieved 2019-02-15.
- Chere, Rich. "Rookie call-up Nick Palmieri excited about NHL debut with NJ Devils". The Star-Ledger. New Jersey On-Line. Retrieved January 20, 2010.
- Chere, Rich. "NJ Devils-Florida Panthers: As they played". The Star-Ledger. New Jersey On-Line. Retrieved January 20, 2010.
- "Devils acquire Zidlicky from Wild for three players, picks". The Sports Network. 2012-02-24. Retrieved 2012-02-25.
- "Rangers send Rupp to Wild for Powe, Palmieri". The Sports Network. 2013-01-04. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- Halford, Mike (28 August 2013). "Ex-Devils, Wild forward Palmieri signs in Germany". NBC Sports. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "Newest striker for Bolzano: Nick Palmieri" (in Italian). HCB South Tyrol. 2015-10-16. Retrieved 2015-10-16.
- "HCB South Tyrol extend Palmieri". HCB South Tyrol. 2016-05-19. Retrieved 2016-05-19.