|Notable work||A Lonely Sky, The German, Electric Picnic: The Documentary, The Summit|
Nick Ryan is a film director and producer from Dublin, Ireland. Ryan directed A Lonely Sky (2006), The German (2008), Electric Picnic: The Documentary (2008), and the award-winning documentary The Summit (2012); he was also the producer for Ruairi Robinson's short films The Silent City, BlinkyTM, and Imaginary Forces. In 1995 he and two others founded Image Now Films, where they worked on commercials and graphic design.
Nick Ryan's 2012 documentary The Summit was nominated for and received several awards. In 2012 it was nominated for the Grierson Award at the London Film Festival. In 2013 it was nominated for the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival, and won the Editing Award for the category World Cinema Documentary. In the same year it won an award for Best Adventure Film at the Boulder International Film Festival. In 2014 it was a three-time nominee at the Irish Film and Television Awards; it was a nominated for Best Original Score, and it won both Best Documentary and Best Feature Documentary.
- "Meet the Sundance Filmmakers #33: Nick Ryan Revisits the Deadliest Day on the World's Most Dangerous Mountain in 'The Summit'". Indiewire. January 17, 2013. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- "Nick Ryan IMBD Page". IMBD.
- "The Summit Film Official Website". The Summit Film Official Website. Retrieved December 1, 2014.
- "Festival Awards". Archived from the original on Jan 17, 2013.
- "The Summit – Awards – IMBD". IMBD. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "2013 Sundance Film Festival Announces Feature Film Awards". January 27, 2013. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "2013 Film Festival Awards Updates". January 27, 2013. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "IFTA 2014 Nominees & Winners". The Irish Film and Television Awards. The Irish Film and Television Academy. Retrieved December 3, 2014.