|Full name||Dominic Sharkey|
|Date of birth||4 May 1943|
|Place of birth||Helensburgh, Scotland|
|Date of death||8 February 2015(aged 71)|
|Place of death||Sunderland, England|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Sharkey began his career with Sunderland where he made his debut on 9 April 1960 against Scunthorpe United in a 1–0 win at Roker Park. In total, he made 99 league appearances, scoring 51 goals for the club from 1960 to 1966. He then joined Leicester City in 1966, but made just six appearances, scoring five goals. His next club was Mansfield Town where he signed for in 1968. He scored 17 goals in 69 games for the club. He finished his League career with North East team Hartlepool United in 1970, where he made a total of 60 appearances with 12 goals to his name, and then moved into non-League football with South Shields.
- Heaney, Bill (17 February 2015). "Obituary: Nick Sharkey, footballer". The Scotsman. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "Tribute to legendary Sunderland striker Nick Sharkey". Sunderland Echo. 9 February 2015. Retrieved 2016-07-31.
- "Sunderland 1-0 Scunthorpe United". The Stat Cat. Archived from the original on 2008-05-17. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "Nick Sharkey". The Stat Cat. Archived from the original on 2006-08-31. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "Nick Sharkey". Post War English & Scottish Football League A - Z Player's Database. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "Former Sunderland striker Nick Sharkey has died at the age of 71". chroniclelive.co.uk. 9 February 2015.