|Occupation(s)||Songwriter, producer, musician|
Nick Southwood is a British songwriter, musician and producer best known for his contribution to "Lost Stars", which is featured in the 2014 film Begin Again soundtrack. He is also known for his songwriting and production work with The Overtones.
"Lost Stars" is an original song performed by Maroon 5 singer-songwriter Adam Levine for the musical romantic comedy-drama film Begin Again. It was released on 30 June 2014 through ALXNDR, 222 Records, Polydor, and Interscope in the United States. "Lost Stars" was written by Gregg Alexander, Danielle Brisebois, Nick Lashley and Nick Southwood. The song was recorded in NY at Electric Lady studios in NYC during the summer of 2012. The Adam Levine main version is produced by Gregg Alexander, Nick Lashley and Nick Southwood with vocals produced and arranged by Danielle Brisebois.
Southwood arranged and produced The Overtones' first album Good Ol' Fashioned Love. He co-wrote the single "Gambling Man" with the band. Southwood also has production and engineering credits on The Overtone's third album Saturday Night at the Movies.
- Samantha Lewis (27 June 2014). "Hear Keira Knightley sing song written by Muswell Hill producer". Ham & High.
- "The Overtones, York Barbican, November 24". York Press. 23 November 2012.
- "Adam Levine's 222 Records Announces Partnership With Interscope Records". PR Newswire. 12 June 2014. Archived from the original on 15 July 2014.
- "Lost Stars Production Credits".
- "Nick Southwood Discography".
- "Saturday Night at the Movies production credits".
|This article about a British musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|