|Full name||Nicholas Frederick Youngquest|
28 July 1983 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||182 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||87 kg (13 st 10 lb) |
|Source: NRL Stats|
Nick Youngquest (born 28 July 1983 in Sydney, New South Wales) is an Australian model and former professional rugby league footballer. He played in the National Rugby League for Australian clubs the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks, St. George Illawarra Dragons, Penrith Panthers and Bulldogs, and in Super League for British clubs Gateshead Thunder, Celtic Crusaders and Castleford Tigers, mainly as a winger.
- 1 Playing career
- 2 Outside rugby
- 3 Brooklyn Kings Rugby League Club
- 4 Footnotes
- 5 External links
Youngquest played for the Sharks in 2003.
St. George Illawarra Dragons
He played for the Dragons between 2004 and 2005.
Youngquest spent two seasons with the Panthers in 2006 and 2007.
After failing to make an impact in the NRL after six seasons, he moved to play for the French rugby league team Salanque Meditérrannée PIA XIII (also known as the Pia Donkeys) following the conclusion of the 2008 NRL season.
In 2009, Youngquest played for English Championship team Gateshead Thunder, where he caught the eye of Brian Noble, the coach for Crusaders RL.
Youngquest signed with the Crusaders shortly before the start of the 2010 Super League season.
2011 brought a move to Super League team Castleford Tigers, he possibly played his best rugby there making 40 appearances and scoring 29 tries and 2 goals. He scored his last try at the last home game of the season against Catalan Dragons.
- First Grade Debut: 2003 - Round 1, Cronulla v Melbourne Storm, Toyota Park, 16 March
- First Career hat-trick 2010 - Round 24, Crusaders v. Salford City Reds, The Racecourse Ground, 1 August
In 2006 Youngquest posed nude for the Naked Rugby League Calendar 2007-08, stirring controversy after his revealing pose - in which one hand is placed partially over his genitalia. The NRL reacted by distancing itself from the project, stating that they do not endorse nor authorise the calendar. The sales of the calendar helped to raise funds for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Youngquest has also worked as a professional model. He is hired by agencies Ford Models and DT Model Management, and has done advertising campaign for designer fragrances Paco Rabanne.
During his time as a professional Rugby League player, Nick gained exposure from his involvement with a variety of charitable organizations and was featured on the cover of numerous magazines worldwide. In 2008, Nick was discovered by David Todd and has since been represented exclusively by DT Model Management in the U.S.
In late 2012, Youngquest decided to step away from rugby to pursue opportunities in modeling, appearing in a campaign for Abercrombie & Fitch shot by Bruce Weber. He currently resides in New York City. In 2013, he became the face of the new masculine fragrance INVICTUS by Paco Rabanne.
Brooklyn Kings Rugby League Club
In 2014, Youngquest became the head coach for semi-professional rugby league club, the Brooklyn Kings (rugby league) who play in the USARL. He has been developing new and older players with the goal of expanding rugby league in the United States, and as well as develop star players for team USA for the 2017 Rugby League World Cup.
- "The official Engage Super League web site". web page. Super League. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "High hopes for Thunder". BBC News. 2 September 2010.
- "Castleford sign winger Youngquest". BBC News. 9 September 2010.
- "Youngquest on the move again". Fox Sports News (Australia). 26 November 2007. Retrieved 27 November 2007.
- "Youngquest joins Bulldogs". Fox Sports. 22 May 2008. Retrieved 22 May 2008.
- "2009 NRL Player Movements". NRL Live. 4 October 2008. Retrieved 4 October 2008.
- "Footy fever over nude pics". The Sydney Morning Herald. 27 September 2006. Retrieved 27 November 2007.
- "Nick Youngquest Appears on the Cover of Men's Fitness Middle East, Talks About Invictus and Champions he Admires". International Business Times. 30 October 2013. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- "Nick Youngquest". dtmodelmanagement. 2016-07-19. Retrieved 2016-07-19.
- Webb, Billy. "Nick Youngquest on Paco Rabanne, changing room grooming and his workout tips".