within Nickerson Township, Pine County
|Elevation||1,152 ft (351 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||648539|
The community of Nickerson in northern Pine County was named after John Quincy Adams Nickerson of Elk River, Minnesota; who promoted the construction of the line of the Great Northern Railway that connected Sandstone to Duluth. Nickerson had a post office from 1895 to 1954.
- "Nickerson, Minnesota". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 413.
- "Pine County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 30 July 2015.
- Rand McNally Road Atlas – 2007 edition – Minnesota entry
- Official State of Minnesota Highway Map – 2011/2012 edition
|This article about a location in Pine County, Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|