|Full name||Nicholas Ferenc Deverdics|
|Date of birth||24 November 1987|
|Place of birth||Newcastle upon Tyne, England|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2017||→ Dover Athletic (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:00, 18 March 2017 (UTC).
- 1 Career
- 2 References
- 3 External links
Deverdics began his career as a trainee with Newcastle United, but was released at the end of the 2005–06 season.
Promotion with Gretna to the Scottish Premier League
In March 2007 Deverdics moved to Gretna. where the then Director of Club Development Mick Wadsworth said: "Nicky's got great ability and we have high hopes for him. I have watched him a lot and he was a player who really interested us, so we're delighted to have him on board." Deverdics made an immediate impact and played a key role in helping them to clinch promotion – playing six times and scoring once. Deverdics went on to make 26 appearances for Gretna in the Scottish Premier League. Unfortunately, on 19 May 2008 Deverdics was one of 40 members of staff who were released by Gretna, after financial problems forced the club to disband.
Life in the Football League with Barnet
Deverdics joined Barnet in July 2008 and went on to make 51 appearances for the Bees – winning the 'Most Improved Player' award in his first season. Upon signing Deverdics, the then manager Paul Fairclough told BBC London 94.9: "He has played in the Scottish Premier. He's only 20 and has got a great left foot and has a big future." Deverdics played in a midfield alongside the likes of Yannick Bolasie, Albert Adomah and Micah Hyde.
Becoming a Spartan
On the eve of the 2010–2011 season it was announced that Deverdics had signed for Conference North side Blyth Spartans. He made his debut as a second-half substitute in the 2–0 defeat to Solihull Moors on 14 August 2010.
He scored his first goal for the Spartans on 11 September 2010 in their 3–0 home win over Worcester City.
Breaking The Ice: BÍ/Bolungarvík
Deverdics joined Icelandic team BÍ/Bolungarvík on 11 May 2011. During a 3–2 win against Thróttur Reykjavík, Deverdics scored two direct free kicks with manager Gudjón Thórdarson concluding: "Clearly he tied his laces right because they were fine goals."
On 6 June 2016 it was announced that Deverdics had signed for Hartlepool United on a free transfer. Deverdics scored his first goal for Hartlepool in an FA Cup tie against Stamford on 6 November 2016.
- "Gretna sign ex-Newcastle player". BBC Sport. 14 March 2007. Retrieved 18 August 2007.
- "Gretna lay off remaining 40 staff". BBC News. 19 May 2008. Retrieved 19 May 2008.
- "Spartans Score Signing Hattrick". blythspartansafc.co.uk. 12 August 2010. Retrieved 14 August 2010.
- "Solihull Moors 2 Blyth Spartans 0 (Match Report)". blythspartansafc.co.uk. 15 August 2010. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "Deverdics' Player Profile". blythspartansafc.co.uk. 12 August 2010. Retrieved 14 August 2010.
- "Reds release trio". NonLeagueDaily.com. Retrieved 23 May 2012.
- "Nicky Deverdics: Hartlepool United sign Dover midfielder". BBC Sport. 6 June 2016. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- "Hartlepool 3-0 Stamford". BBC Sport. 6 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.