Nicky Hilton Rothschild
|Nicky Hilton Rothschild|
Nicky Hilton in 2010
|Born||Nicholai Olivia Hilton
October 5, 1983
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Education||Convent of the Sacred Heart|
|Occupation||Businesswoman, model, socialite, and fashion designer|
|Spouse(s)||Todd Andrew Meister
(m. 2004; ann. 2004)
James Rothschild (m. 2015)
|Parent(s)||Richard Howard Hilton (father)
Kathy Hilton (mother)
|Relatives||see Hilton family|
Nicholai Olivia Rothschild (née Hilton, born October 5, 1983) is an American fashion designer, socialite, and model. She is a member of the Hilton family by birth. Her great-grandfather was Conrad Hilton, the founder of Hilton Hotels. Through her marriage to James Rothschild, a grandson of Victor Rothschild, 3rd Baron Rothschild, she became a member of the aristocratic Rothschild family.
Nicholai Olivia Hilton was born in New York City on October 5, 1983. She was raised in Los Angeles and later New York, where she attended high school. Her father, Richard Hilton, is a hotel heir of the Hilton family and works as a businessman in real estate. Her mother, Kathy Hilton (née Avanzino), is a former actress and half sister of Kim and Kyle Richards. Hilton was named after her great-uncle, Conrad Nicholson Hilton, Jr. She is the second of four children: she has an older sister, Paris Whitney Hilton (born 1981), and two younger brothers, Barron Nicholas Hilton II (born 1989) and Conrad Hughes Hilton III (born 1994).
Hilton was raised Roman Catholic. She has Norwegian and German ancestry on her father's side and Italian, English, Scottish, and Irish ancestry on her mother's side. Hilton graduated from Convent of the Sacred Heart, an all-girls Catholic school on the Upper East Side, in 2001. She took courses at Fashion Institute of Technology and Parsons The New School for Design but does not have a degree.
In 2004, Hilton launched her own clothing line. She also designed a line of handbags for Japanese company Samantha Thavasa. In 2007, she started her second line, Nicholai, at a higher price point. Nicholai held its fashion show for the spring/summer 2008 season on September 9, 2007, in New York City during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. In 2014, Hilton launched a 10-piece collection with eLuxe. She designed each piece as a reflection of her personal style and named all products after the women in her family, who embody the style of each piece.
In 2010, Hilton launched a line of jewellery. The pieces are costume jewellery and in an art deco style, averaging around $200 per piece.
In 2015, she launched a capsule collection of handbags as part of a collaboration with Linea Pelle. Hilton said she was approached by Linea Pelle "to make a capsule collection and I really wanted to have it be classic. As in I didn't want to make these super trendy bags that would be out of style next season."
In 2005, Hilton was the face of Australian underwear line Antz Pantz alongside Kimberly Stewart. Stewart remains contracted, however Hilton has been replaced by Australian model Megan Maitland. Around this time, Hilton modeled for the cover of Lucire for its New Zealand and Romanian editions.
In 2006, she entered a partnership to open two Nicky O Hotels, the first in Miami and the second in Chicago. That same year, Hilton sued her partner in Federal Court in Los Angeles for damages and to seek an injunction against his use of the name. On February 12, 2007, Hilton was sued for breach of contract by her partners.
In 2014, Hilton published her first book, 365 Style. According to the author, the book "offers a simple method that helps girls identify the staple pieces that work best for their lifestyle, encourages them to stay true to their own tastes, and most importantly shows them how to have fun with fashion every day of the year." 365 Style was published by Harlequin, a subsidiary of HarperCollins.
In 2015, Hilton collaborated with Smashbox, the cosmetic brand owned by Max Factor, to create a cosmetic line consisting of three limited-edition cat-inspired makeup kits (one for each of her favorite cities: New York City, Los Angeles and London).
In August 2004, Hilton married childhood friend and businessman Todd Andrew Meister at the Vegas Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas, Nevada. The marriage was annulled less than three months later, with Hilton and Meister explaining they traveled apart often and had married "on a whim".
In 2011, Hilton began dating financier James Rothschild, a member of the Rothschild family and only son of Amschel Rothschild, after being introduced at James Stunt and Petra Ecclestone's wedding. On August 12, 2014, while on vacation at Lake Como in Italy, Hilton became engaged to Rothschild, A cocktail party celebrating the engagement was hosted at Spencer House, a palace owned by Charles Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer, the brother of the late Princess Diana. Its current tenant is Jacob Rothschild, 4th Baron Rothschild. On July 10, 2015, the couple married at The Orangery in Kensington Palace Gardens in London, England. Hilton wore a $77,000 Valentino Haute Couture gown. Her sister, Paris, served as Maid of Honor. Wedding guests included Chelsea Clinton, Kate Beckinsale, Crown Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece, Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece, Thomas van Straubenzee, Julia Koch, Stephen A. Schwarzman, Debbie Bancroft, Dennis Basso, Somers Farkas, Harry LeFrak, Anne Hearst, and Jay McInerney. The couple honeymooned in Botswana.
- Elizabeth, J. Randy Taraborrelli. Page 94. August 2006.
- Paris & Nicky Hilton – [Jan-2003] – interview. YouTube. Retrieved on 2010-12-29.
- "Nicky Hilton Plans Fashion Jewelry Line". Accessories Magazine. July 20, 2010.
- "PARSONS GALA FULL OF PROMISE". Elle. May 2012.
- "Celebrity Fashion Lines - Nicky Hilton". Kidzworld.com. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- "Paris Hilton's Sis Shows Her Sexy Side". CBS. February 11, 2009
- "Nicky Hilton to Roll Out eLuxe Line". Women's Wear Daily. 2014-09-22. Retrieved 2014-09-22.
- "Accessories News: Nicky Hilton to Launch Jewelry Line". ELLE. 2010-08-16. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Nicky Hilton Debuts Fall 2015 Capsule Collection with Linea Pelle: Designer Talks Handbags, Wedding Plans and More in EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW". Fashion Times. 2015-02-26. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Holeproof Antz Pantz". Antz Pantz. 2005-11-27. Archived from the original on 2005-11-27. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Nicky Hilton, Kimberly Stewart, Nathan Sapsford - Antz Pantz IT Girl Search - Photo". Life. 2005-09-28. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Holeproof Antz Pantz". Antz Pantz. 2006-06-19. Archived from the original on 2006-06-19. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- Brad Batory. "Lucire Fashion: Making of a heiress: Lucire's cover girl, Nicky Hilton, as produced by Brad Batory of Indashio - The global fashion magazine". Lucire.com. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Nicky Hilton Sues Over Hotel". Contactmusic.com. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Hotel Developer Robert Falor Suing Nicky Hilton; Alleges Breach of Contract and Deceptive Business Practices / February 2007". Hotel-online.com. 2007-02-13. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- "An exclusive glimpse of Nicky Hilton's new 365 Style book cover". Mail Online. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Nicky Hilton Has a Seriously Cute New Project (Cat Lovers, Prepare to Freak!)". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Nicky Hilton: Charity Work & Causes". Look to the Stars. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Day In The Life: Nicky Hilton". Haute Living. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- Nicky's Vegas Surprise, People, August 19, 2004. Retrieved December 5, 2010.
- Lehner, Marla. Nicky Hilton Gets Marriage Annulled, People, November 9, 2004. Retrieved December 5, 2010.
- US Magazine: "Nicky Hilton Is Engaged to James Rothschild: Hotel Heiress to Marry Banking Heir" By Esther Lee and Brody Brown August 12, 2014
- "Elegant Breakfasts, Lunches & Teas At Kensington Palace's Orangery". Hrp.org.uk. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Home - The OrangeryThe Orangery". Orangerykensingtonpalace.co.uk. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Nicky Hilton and James Rothschild to marry at Kensington Palace". hellomagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Pocklington, Rebecca (2015-07-10). "Mr & Mrs: First pictures of Nicky Hilton and James Rothschild on their wedding day as she flashes her garter - 3am & Mirror Online". Mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Susannah Butter and Phoebe Luckhurst (2015-07-10). "Nicky Hilton and James Rothschild's trillion dollar wedding at Kensington Palace: the guests, the flowers and Lionel's star turn | London Life | Lifestyle | London Evening Standard". Standard.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- McRady, Rachel (2015-07-16). "Nicky Hilton Changes Her Name on Instagram, Meets Monkey on Honeymoon! - Us Weekly". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Marquina, Sierra (2015-07-10). "Nicky Hilton Marries: See Her Wedding Dress, Paris' Look, and More! - Us Weekly". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Coder, Maria (2015-07-17). "Nicky Hilton Rothschild Posts Honeymoon Pics on Instagram". People.com. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Mcrady, Rachel (July 16, 2015). "Nicky Hilton Changes Her Last Name on Instagram to Rothschild, Meets Thieving Monkey on Honeymoon: Pic!". Us. Retrieved July 17, 2015.
- Coder, Maria (July 17, 2015). "Nicky Hilton Rothschild Monkeys Around on Her Honeymoon". People. Retrieved July 17, 2015.
- Official site
- Nicky Hilton at the Internet Movie Database
- Nicky Hilton at the Fashion Model Directory
- Media related to Nicky Hilton at Wikimedia Commons