Nicky Hilton Rothschild
|Nicky Hilton Rothschild|
Nicky Hilton in 2010
|Born||Nicholai Olivia Hilton
October 5, 1983
New York City, New York, United States
|Education||Convent of the Sacred Heart|
|Occupation||Businesswoman, model, socialite, and fashion designer|
|Spouse(s)||Todd Andrew Meister (m. 2004; annulled 2004)
James Rothschild (m. 2015)
|Parent(s)||Richard Howard Hilton (father)
Kathy Hilton (mother)
|Relatives||see Hilton family|
Nicholai Olivia "Nicky" Rothschild (née Hilton, born October 5, 1983) is an American fashion designer, socialite, and model. She is a member of the Hilton family by birth. Her great-grandfather was Conrad Hilton, the founder of Hilton Hotels. Through her marriage to James Rothschild, she became a member of the aristocratic Rothschild family.
Nicholai Olivia Hilton was born in New York City on October 5, 1983. She was raised in Los Angeles and later New York, where she attended high school. Her father, Richard Hilton, is a hotel heir of the Hilton family and works as a businessman in real estate. Her mother, Kathy Hilton (née Avanzino), is a former actress and half sister of Kim and Kyle Richards. Hilton was named after her great-uncle, Conrad Nicholson Hilton, Jr. She is the second of four children: she has an older sister, Paris Whitney Hilton (born 1981), and two younger brothers, Barron Nicholas Hilton II (born 1989) and Conrad Hughes Hilton III (born 1994).
Hilton was raised Roman Catholic. She has Norwegian and German ancestry on her father's side and Italian, English, Scottish, and Irish ancestry on her mother's side. Hilton graduated from Convent of the Sacred Heart, an all-girls Catholic school on the Upper East Side, in 2001. She took courses at Fashion Institute of Technology and Parsons The New School for Design but does not have a degree.
In 2004, Hilton launched her own clothing line. She also designed a line of handbags for Japanese company Samantha Thavasa. In 2007, she started her second line, Nicholai, at a higher price point. Nicholai held its fashion show for the spring/summer 2008 season on September 9, 2007, in New York City during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. In 2014, Hilton launched a 10-piece collection with eLuxe. She designed each piece as a reflection of her personal style and named all products after the women in her family, who embody the style of each piece.
In 2005, Hilton was the face of Australian underwear line Antz Pantz alongside Kimberly Stewart. Stewart remains contracted, however Hilton has been replaced by Australian model Megan Maitland. Around this time, Hilton modeled for the cover of Lucire for its New Zealand and Romanian editions.
On September 21, 2010, Nicky and her sister Paris were stopped by immigration officers at Narita Airport, Japan because of Paris' conviction for drug possession a day earlier; under Japan's strict anti-drug laws, all people sentenced for any drug crime are generally rejected entry to the country. They were both due to appear at a news conference in Tokyo on September 22 to promote Paris' fashion and fragrance lines along with Nicky. According to Paris and Nicky Hilton's publicists, Narita Airport's immigration office questioned Paris "for hours". Nicky and Paris were forced to stay close to the airport at a hotel as officials determined what to do on September 22. Their scheduled visits to some other countries, such as Indonesia and Malaysia, were canceled as they have stronger anti-drug laws than Japan.
In August 2004, Hilton married childhood friend and businessman Todd Andrew Meister at the Vegas Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas, Nevada. The marriage was annulled nearly three months later, with Hilton and Meister explaining they traveled apart often and had married "on a whim".
In 2011, Hilton began dating James Rothschild, a member of the Rothschild family and only son of Amschel Rothschild, after being introduced at James Stunt and Petra Ecclestone's wedding. On August 12, 2014, while on vacation at Lake Como in Italy, Hilton became engaged to Rothschild, A cocktail party celebrating the engagement was hosted at Spencer House, a palace owned by Jacob Rothschild, 4th Baron Rothschild. On July 10, 2015, the couple married at The Orangery in Kensington Palace Gardens in London, England. Hilton wore a $77,000 Valentino Haute Couture gown. Her sister, Paris, served as Maid of Honor. Wedding guests included Chelsea Clinton, Kate Beckinsale, Crown Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece, Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece, Thomas van Straubenzee, Julia Koch, Stephen A. Schwarzman, Debbie Bancroft, Dennis Basso, Somers Farkas, Harry LeFrak, Anne Hearst, and Jay McInerney. The couple honeymooned in Botswana. On July 16, 2015, Hilton changed her last name on Instagram from Hilton to Rothschild.
- Elizabeth, J. Randy Taraborrelli. Page 94. August 2006.
- Paris & Nicky Hilton – [Jan-2003] – interview. YouTube. Retrieved on 2010-12-29.
- "Nicky Hilton Plans Fashion Jewelry Line". Accessories Magazine. July 20, 2010.
- "PARSONS GALA FULL OF PROMISE". Elle. May 2012.
- "Celebrity Fashion Lines - Nicky Hilton". Kidzworld.com. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- "Paris Hilton's Sis Shows Her Sexy Side". CBS. February 11, 2009
- "Nicky Hilton to Roll Out eLuxe Line". Women's Wear Daily. 2014-09-22. Retrieved 2014-09-22.
- "Holeproof Antz Pantz". Antz Pantz. 2005-11-27. Archived from the original on 2005-11-27. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Nicky Hilton, Kimberly Stewart, Nathan Sapsford - Antz Pantz IT Girl Search - Photo". Life. 2005-09-28. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Holeproof Antz Pantz". Antz Pantz. 2006-06-19. Archived from the original on 2006-06-19. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- Brad Batory. "Lucire Fashion: Making of a heiress: Lucire's cover girl, Nicky Hilton, as produced by Brad Batory of Indashio - The global fashion magazine". Lucire.com. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Hotel Developer Robert Falor Suing Nicky Hilton; Alleges Breach of Contract and Deceptive Business Practices / February 2007". Hotel-online.com. 2007-02-13. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- "Paris Hilton Detained at Airport in Japan". Fox News. 2010-09-21. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- "Paris 'Disappointed' By Japan Ban". News.sky.com. 2010-09-22. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- Nicky's Vegas Surprise, People, August 19, 2004. Retrieved December 5, 2010.
- Lehner, Marla. Nicky Hilton Gets Marriage Annulled, People, November 9, 2004. Retrieved December 5, 2010.
- US Magazine: "Nicky Hilton Is Engaged to James Rothschild: Hotel Heiress to Marry Banking Heir" By Esther Lee and Brody Brown August 12, 2014
- "Elegant Breakfasts, Lunches & Teas At Kensington Palace's Orangery". Hrp.org.uk. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Home - The OrangeryThe Orangery". Orangerykensingtonpalace.co.uk. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Nicky Hilton and James Rothschild to marry at Kensington Palace". hellomagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Pocklington, Rebecca (2015-07-10). "Mr & Mrs: First pictures of Nicky Hilton and James Rothschild on their wedding day as she flashes her garter - 3am & Mirror Online". Mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Susannah Butter and Phoebe Luckhurst (2015-07-10). "Nicky Hilton and James Rothschild's trillion dollar wedding at Kensington Palace: the guests, the flowers and Lionel's star turn | London Life | Lifestyle | London Evening Standard". Standard.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- McRady, Rachel (2015-07-16). "Nicky Hilton Changes Her Name on Instagram, Meets Monkey on Honeymoon! - Us Weekly". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Marquina, Sierra (2015-07-10). "Nicky Hilton Marries: See Her Wedding Dress, Paris' Look, and More! - Us Weekly". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Coder, Maria (2015-07-17). "Nicky Hilton Rothschild Posts Honeymoon Pics on Instagram". People.com. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Mcrady, Rachel (July 16, 2015). "Nicky Hilton Changes Her Last Name on Instagram to Rothschild, Meets Thieving Monkey on Honeymoon: Pic!". Us. Retrieved July 17, 2015.
- Coder, Maria (July 17, 2015). "Nicky Hilton Rothschild Monkeys Around on Her Honeymoon". People. Retrieved July 17, 2015.
- Official site
- Nicky Hilton at the Internet Movie Database
- Nicky Hilton at the Fashion Model Directory
- Media related to Nicky Hilton at Wikimedia Commons