Nicky Hilton Rothschild
Nicky Hilton Rothschild
Nicholai Olivia Hilton
October 5, 1983
New York City, U.S.
|Education||Convent of the Sacred Heart|
|Occupation||Businesswoman, socialite, model, fashion designer|
(m. 2004; a. 2004)
Rothschild family (by marriage)
Nicholai Olivia Rothschild (née Hilton, October 5, 1983) is an American businesswoman, socialite, model and fashion designer. She is a member of the Hilton family by birth, and a member of the Rothschild family through her marriage to James Rothschild, a grandson of Victor Rothschild, 3rd Baron Rothschild, in 2015.
Hilton was born in New York City and raised in Los Angeles. She is the younger daughter of Richard Hilton, a hotel heir of the Hilton family who works as a businessman in real estate, and of Kathy Hilton (née Avanzino), a former actress and half sister of Kim and Kyle Richards. Hilton was named for her granduncle, Conrad Hilton Jr. She is the second of four children: she has an older sister, Paris Hilton (born 1981), and two younger brothers, Barron Hilton II (born 1989) and Conrad Hilton III (born 1994).
Hilton was raised Roman Catholic. She has Norwegian, German, Italian, English, Irish, and Scottish ancestry. Hilton graduated from Convent of the Sacred Heart, an all-girls Catholic school on the Upper East Side, in 2001. She took courses at Fashion Institute of Technology and Parsons The New School for Design but does not have a degree.
In 2004, Hilton launched her own clothing line. She also designed a line of handbags for Japanese company Samantha Thavasa. In 2007, she started her second line, Nicholai, at a higher price point. Nicholai held its fashion show for the spring/summer 2008 season on September 9, 2007, in New York City during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. In 2014, Hilton launched a 10-piece collection with eLuxe. She designed each piece as a reflection of her personal style and named all products for the women in her family, who embody the style of each piece.
In 2010, Hilton launched a line of jewelry. The pieces are fashion jewelry and in an Art Deco style, averaging around $200 per piece. In 2015, she launched a capsule collection of handbags as part of a collaboration with Linea Pelle. Hilton said she was approached by Linea Pelle "to make a capsule collection and I really wanted to have it be classic. As in I didn't want to make these super trendy bags that would be out of style next season."
In August 2017, Hilton announced her collaboration with Tolani for a Mommy and Me capsule collection. The collection launched in stores in spring 2018. In 2019 Hilton launched a second collection with Tolani inspired by her travels. In February 2019, Hilton announced her first footwear collection in partnership with French Sole. The line, known as Nicky Hilton x French Sole, officially launched in September 2019.
In 2005, Hilton was the face of Australian underwear line Antz Pantz alongside Kimberly Stewart. Stewart remains contracted, but Hilton has been replaced by Australian model Megan Maitland. Around this time, Hilton modeled for the cover of Lucire for its New Zealand and Romanian editions.
In 2006, she entered a partnership to open two Nicky O Hotels, the first in Miami and the second in Chicago. That same year, Hilton sued her partner in Federal Court in Los Angeles for damages and to seek an injunction against his use of the name. On February 12, 2007, Hilton was sued for breach of contract by her partners.
In 2015, Hilton collaborated with Smashbox, the cosmetic brand owned by Estée Lauder Companies, to create a cosmetic line consisting of three limited-edition cat-inspired makeup kits (one for each of her favorite cities: New York City, Los Angeles and London).
At 2:30 a.m. on August 15, 2004, Hilton married childhood friend and businessman Todd Meister at the Vegas Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas, Nevada. The marriage was annulled less than three months later, with Hilton and Meister explaining they traveled apart often and had married "on a whim".
In 2011, Hilton began dating financier James Rothschild (born 1985), a member of the Rothschild family and only son of Amschel Rothschild, after being introduced at James Stunt and Petra Ecclestone's wedding. On August 12, 2014, while on vacation at Lake Como in Italy, Hilton became engaged to Rothschild.
On July 10, 2015, the couple married at The Orangery in Kensington Palace Gardens in London, England. Hilton wore a $77,000 Valentino Haute Couture gown. Her sister, Paris, served as maid of honor. The couple honeymooned in Botswana. They have two daughters: Lily Grace Victoria Rothschild (born July 2016) and Theodora "Teddy" Marilyn Rothschild (born December 2017).
- "Meet Nicky". Nicky Hilton official site. Archived from the original on December 5, 2015. Retrieved January 13, 2016.
- "Nicky Hilton". UK: Glamourmagazine.co.uk. Archived from the original on January 27, 2016. Retrieved January 13, 2016.
- "Nicky Hilton Changes Her Name on Instagram, Meets Monkey on Honeymoon!". Us Weekly. Retrieved 2016-04-22.
- Elizabeth, J. Randy Taraborrelli. Page 94. August 2006.
- Paris & Nicky Hilton – [Jan-2003] – interview. YouTube. Retrieved on 2010-12-29.
- "Nicky Hilton Plans Fashion Jewelry Line". Accessories Magazine. July 20, 2010.
- "PARSONS GALA FULL OF PROMISE". Elle. May 2012.
- "Celebrity Fashion Lines - Nicky Hilton". Kidzworld.com. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- "Paris Hilton's Sis Shows Her Sexy Side". CBS. February 11, 2009
- "Nicky Hilton to Roll Out eLuxe Line". Women's Wear Daily. 2014-09-22. Archived from the original on September 24, 2014. Retrieved 2014-09-22.
- "Accessories News: Nicky Hilton to Launch Jewelry Line". ELLE. 2010-08-16. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Nicky Hilton Debuts Fall 2015 Capsule Collection with Linea Pelle: Designer Talks Handbags, Wedding Plans and More in EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW". Fashion Times. 2015-02-26. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Pregnant Nicky Hilton Rothschild Announces New 'Mommy + Me' Clothing Line with Tolani". People. 2017-08-14. Retrieved 2017-08-23.
- "Nicky Hilton Shows Off New Summer-Inspired Clothing Collection at Fashion Week". E News. 2019-02-08. Retrieved 2019-03-26.
- "Nicky Hilton Collaborates With French Sole on a Line of Comfortable Classic Shoes". FootwearNews. 2019-02-04. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- "Nicky Hilton hosts fashion launch in her incredible New York penthouse". HelloMagazine. 2019-09-09. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- "Holeproof Antz Pantz". Antz Pantz. 2005-11-27. Archived from the original on 2005-11-27. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Nicky Hilton, Kimberly Stewart, Nathan Sapsford - Antz Pantz IT Girl Search - Photo". Life. 2005-09-28. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Holeproof Antz Pantz". Antz Pantz. 2006-06-19. Archived from the original on 2006-06-19. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- Brad Batory. "Lucire Fashion: Making of a heiress: Lucire's cover girl, Nicky Hilton, as produced by Brad Batory of Indashio - The global fashion magazine". Lucire.com. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Nicky Hilton Sues Over Hotel". Contactmusic.com. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Hotel Developer Robert Falor Suing Nicky Hilton; Alleges Breach of Contract and Deceptive Business Practices / February 2007". Hotel-online.com. 2007-02-13. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
- "Nicky Hilton Has a Seriously Cute New Project (Cat Lovers, Prepare to Freak!)". PEOPLE.com. Archived from the original on 2015-11-27. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Nicky Hilton: Charity Work & Causes". Look to the Stars. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Day In The Life: Nicky Hilton". Haute Living. 11 November 2015. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- Nicky's Vegas Surprise, People, August 19, 2004. Retrieved December 5, 2010.
- Lehner, Marla. Nicky Hilton Gets Marriage Annulled, People, November 9, 2004. Retrieved December 5, 2010.
- "The Rothschild Archive: James Amschel Victor Rothschild (1985-)". The Rothschild Archive.
- US Magazine: "Nicky Hilton Is Engaged to James Rothschild: Hotel Heiress to Marry Banking Heir" By Esther Lee and Brody Brown August 12, 2014
- "Elegant Breakfasts, Lunches & Teas At Kensington Palace's Orangery". Hrp.org.uk. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Home - The OrangeryThe Orangery". Orangerykensingtonpalace.co.uk. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Nicky Hilton and James Rothschild to marry at Kensington Palace". hellomagazine.com. 3 June 2015. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Pocklington, Rebecca (2015-07-10). "Mr & Mrs: First pictures of Nicky Hilton and James Rothschild on their wedding day as she flashes her garter - 3am & Mirror Online". Mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Susannah Butter and Phoebe Luckhurst (2015-07-10). "Nicky Hilton and James Rothschild's trillion dollar wedding at Kensington Palace: the guests, the flowers and Lionel's star turn | London Life | Lifestyle | London Evening Standard". Standard.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- McRady, Rachel (2015-07-16). "Nicky Hilton Changes Her Name on Instagram, Meets Monkey on Honeymoon! - Us Weekly". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Marquina, Sierra (2015-07-10). "Nicky Hilton Marries: See Her Wedding Dress, Paris' Look, and More! - Us Weekly". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- Coder, Maria (2015-07-17). "Nicky Hilton Rothschild Posts Honeymoon Pics on Instagram". People.com. Retrieved 2015-09-29.
- "Nicky Hilton Rothschild Welcomes Daughter Lily Grace Victoria" Archived 2017-09-15 at the Wayback Machine. People. July 8, 2016.
- "Nicky Hilton Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby Girl". Us Weekly. July 8, 2016.
- "Nicky Hilton Rothschild welcomes daughter Teddy Marilyn". People. December 22, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nicky Hilton.|