|Irish name||Nioclás Ó Conaill|
15 September 1989 |
Clonlara, County Clare, Ireland
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
Born in Clonlara, County Clare, O'Connell first played competitive hurling during his schooling at Ardscoil Rís, Limerick. He arrived on the inter-county scene at the age of seventeen when he first linked up with the Clare minor team before later joining the under-21 side. He made his senior debut during the 2010 championship. Over the next few seasons O'Connell became a regular member of the starting fifteen and won one All-Ireland medal.
- Clare Senior Hurling Championship (1): 2008
- All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (1): 2013
- All-Ireland Under-21 Hurling Championship (1): 2009
- Munster Under-21 Hurling Championship (1): 2009
- National League (Division 1B) (1): 2012
- "Fitzgerald springs shock as McGrath dropped for Clare clash". Irish Independent. 8 June 2010. Retrieved 10 June 2010.
- Davis, Stephen (12 March 2015). "O'Connell And O'Halloran Frozen Out Of Clare Squad". Clare Herald. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Nicky O'Connell returns to Clare squad after apology". The 42. 14 April 2015. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
|This Munster hurling biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|