|Full name||Nicky Riley|
|Date of birth||10 May 1986|
|Place of birth||Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|2014||→ Peterhead (loan)||3||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 04:17, 22 February 2015 (UTC).
Nicky Riley (born 10 May 1986) is a professional Scottish footballer who plays as a midfielder for Peterhead. He began his career at Celtic and then played for Hamilton Academical and Dundee, spending time on loan at Peterhead while with Dundee.
After suffering with injuries throughout his time at Celtic, he was released in January 2010, having never played in a competitive match for the club.
After leaving Celtic, Riley trained with Hamilton Academical and on 19 February 2010, signed a contract until the end of the season. He left Hamilton at the end of the season, again without making an appearance.
Riley then joined Dundee for pre season training and after two weeks at the club signed an initial six-month contract on 16 July 2010. In October 2010, Dundee entered administration, but Riley was one of the players kept by the club and in December 2010, extended his contract until the end of the season.
In the 2011–12 season Riley was named as Scottish Football League Player of the Month for November 2011, and at the end of the season was voted into the PFA Scotland First Division Team of the Year. On 22 May 2012, he signed a new one-year contract.
At the end of the 2013–14 season, with Dundee having won the Scottish Championship title and promotion to the Scottish Premiership, Riley was one of a number of players reported to have been told by manager Paul Hartley that they could leave the club. In September 2014, Ayr United manager Mark Roberts said that he was interested in signing Riley, with Hartley saying that Riley needed to go somewhere and play first team football.
On 9 January 2015, Riley returned to Peterhead, signing until the end of the 2014–15 season.
- "Nicky Riley". International Confederation of Futebol de Salão. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "I have six months to ressurect my career with Dundee - I intend to take my chance, says Nicky Riley". Daily Record. 17 July 2010. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "Hamilton sign former Celtic midfielder Nicky Riley". BBC Sport. 19 February 2010. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "Two out at Hamilton as two trialists arrive". STV Sport. 8 July 2010. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "Dundee boss Gordon Chisholm hands deals to O'Donnell & Riley". Daily Record. 16 July 2010. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "Dundee 2 - 0 Stirling Albion: Nicky Riley confident Dundee can avoid relegation despite points deduction". The Scotsman. 19 December 2010.
- "IRN-BRU SFL November Manager and Player of the Month Awards". Scottish Professional Football League. 18 December 2011. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- Ross, Jack (3 May 2012). "PFA SCOTLAND DIVISION ONE TEAM OF THE YEAR". PFA Scotland. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "Dundee winger Nicky Riley signs new one year deal at Dens Park". Daily Record. 22 May 2012. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "Dundee FC trio can look for new clubs". The Courier. 5 June 2014. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- Robertson, Neil (5 September 2014). "Dundee boss tells Nicky Riley to go and find first-team football". The Courier. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- Martin, Alex (3 October 2014). "Dundee winger Nicky Riley joins Peterhead on loan". The Press and Journal. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "NICKY LEAVES CLUB". Dundee F.C. 4 November 2014. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- Robertson, Neil (9 January 2015). "Former Dundee star Nicky Riley joins Peterhead". The Courier. Retrieved 10 January 2015.