July 30, 1988 |
Wilmette, Illinois, U.S.
Nico Tortorella (born July 30, 1988) is an American actor and model. He is best known for his roles in Scream 4, the 2013 Fox series The Following, the ABC Family television series Make It or Break It and the TV Land comedy-drama Younger.
Life and career
Tortorella is a native of Wilmette, Illinois, United States, and a graduate of New Trier High School. Tortorella is of Italian descent. In May 2009, The CW ordered a 13-episode first season of the drama television series The Beautiful Life. The series centered on a group of models sharing a residence in New York City and Tortorella portrayed the role of an upcoming underwear model Cole Shepard. The series premiered on September 16, 2009 to a low 1.38 million viewers and mixed reviews from critics. Following the premiere of the series' second episode The CW cancelled the series due to low ratings.
In June 2009, Tortorella was announced to star in the ABC Family teen drama television series Make It or Break It. He portrayed the role of Razor, an aspiring singer. Tortorella temporarily left the series to pursue work on The Beautiful Life and after the series cancellation returned in a recurring role. In August 2010, Tortorella made a special guest appearance in the episode "If Only..." which was marked as his final appearance on the series. That year, he also had a small role in the Joel Schumacher film Twelve.
In June 2010, Tortorella was announced to star in the horror film Scream 4 the fourth installment of the Scream film series. He portrayed Trevor Sheldon, a Woodsboro teenager whose life is in danger when peers from his school begin to be killed off one by one. He appeared on the FOX serial killer drama The Following. The show was created by Kevin Williamson, who also wrote Scream 4. In 2014, he was cast as Josh, Sutton Foster's character Liza's younger lover in the TV Land comedy-drama Younger created by Darren Star. His first leading film role was in the 2015 independent film Hunter&Game in which he played hard-partying electronic musician Carson Lowe, which he described as a "role I was meant to play." The film premiered at the LA Indie Film Fest in October 2014, where it won Best Feature and Best Director of a Feature Awards. The film had its East Coast premiere at the Art of Brooklyn Film Festival in May 2015, where it won the Best Feature award. In a 2016 cover story in FourTwoNine Magazine, Tortorella came out as sexually fluid. 
|2011||Scream 4||Trevor Sheldon|
|2013||Odd Thomas||Simon Varner|
|2009–10||Make It or Break It||Razor||Recurring role (Season 1–2)|
|2009||The Beautiful Life: TBL||Cole Shepherd||Lead role|
|2013||The Following||Jacob Wells||Main role (Season 1)|
- "Wilmette’s Nico Tortorella talks about his fate on ‘The Following’ - Chicago Sun-Times". Suntimes.com. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- Calabria, Rosario T. (2009-05-19). "The CW Picks Up The Beautiful Life, Melrose Place and Vampire Diaries; But Passes on Gossip Girl Spinoff and Cancels Privileged and The Game [Update: Reaper and 'Chris' Also Canceled". Your Entertainment Now. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "First Fall TV Season Fatality: CW Cancels 'The Beautiful Life'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- Fienberg, Daniel (2009-08-24). "ABC Family stretches out Make It or Break It". Hitfix.com. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "Nico Tortorella More Meat for the Beast in Scream 4". Dread Central. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- Vena, Jocelyn (2010-07-29). "'Scream 4' Stars Rory Culkin, Nico Tortorella On Working With Original 'Scream' Cast - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV.com. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- "Another Young Teen to Solve the Riddle of 'Scream IV'". Bloody-disgusting.com. Retrieved 2014-02-16.
- ""Younger," Darren Star’s new single camera comedy to premiere Tuesday, January 13th at 10pm ET/PT on TV Land" (PDF) (Press release). TV Land. 2 October 2014. Retrieved October 4, 2014.
- "NICO NICO NICO | Articles | dot429". dot429.com. Retrieved 2016-07-05.
- "Hunter&Game Official IMDB". IMDB Page.