Nicolás Sánchez (rugby union)
|Birth name||Federico Nicolás Sánchez|
|Date of birth||October 26, 1988|
|Place of birth||San Miguel de Tucumán, Argentina|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||83 kg (13 st 1 lb; 183 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Sánchez played for Pampas XV at the 2011 Vodacom Cup (winning this tournament) in South Africa. He moved to Bordeaux in the Top 14 in France, where he played from 2011/12 to 2013/14. He also played for RC Toulonnais from 2014 to 2015.
Sánchez has 58 caps for Argentina, since his debut at 21 May 2010, in a win over Uruguay, in Santiago, Chile. He has 2 tries, 25 conversions, 44 penalties and 5 drop goals scored, 207 points in aggregate. He participated at the 2011 Rugby World Cup where he played in one match, without scoring. He has been playing at The Rugby Championship, since the admission of the Pumas in 2012, counting currently 16 games, with 10 conversions and 28 penalties scored, 104 points in aggregate, in four presences at the competition.
Sanchez was picked for the Argentina 2015 Rugby World Cup squad. He was the top point scorer in the competition with 97 points and he had the second highest number of penalties scored, finishing with 20. His display of talent in the tournament helped his team to achieve a fourth-place position.
- "Nicolás Sánchez Player Profile - RWC2015". RWC2015. Archived from the original on 2015-09-21.
- "Profile". Official Rugby World Cup Site. Archived from the original on 27 November 2011. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- Nicolás Sánchez International Statistics
- "The Rugby World Cup in numbers: New Zealand lead the stats". Guardian. 1 November 2015. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- "Rugby World Cup 2015: Top points scorers". BBC Sport. 1 November 2015. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
|This biographical article relating to Argentine rugby union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|