|Date of birth||18 January 1979|
|Place of birth||Ravenna, Italy|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Ravenna (goalkeeping coach)|
|2000–2001||→ Chieti (loan)||34||(0)|
|2006–2007||→ Spezia (loan)||40||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He made his Serie A debut on 29 May 2005, against S.S. Lazio.
In January 2006, he involved in David Di Michele transfer, which seen Santoni, Simone Pepe and Salvatore Masiello went to Udinese Calcio in co-ownership deal. Santoni's half was valued €1 million at that time.
But he involved in another transfer, which Santoni transferred to Brescia and Federico Agliardi (who valued for €4 million) went to Palermo. Which means Udinese and Brescia shared the played since January 2006.
In summer 2006, Brescia bought the rights from Udine, but he was loaned to newly promoted Serie B team Spezia.
In summer 2007, he remained in Spezia, and awarded No.1 shirt.
He was bought by Spezia by won the blind auction to Brescia in June 2008, but Spezia faced bankrupt. In July 2008, he signed a 3-year contract with A.S. Bari. He played only twice during his time at AS Bari.
On July 2009 Santoni agreed a loan move to his hometown club Ravenna; however, the move was later suspended after a medical revealed a heart pathology, and Santoni consequently announced his immediate retirement from football at the age of 30.
After his retirement, Santoni was appointed to a non-playing role as coordinator of the youth goalkeeping coaches at Ravenna. On July 2010 Santoni was then named as new Ravenna goalkeeping coach, working alongside head coach Vincenzo Esposito. He was banned for 4 years due to 2011 Italian football scandal.
On 18 June 2012 he was banned another 5-year.
- US Città di Palermo Report and Accounts on 30 June 2006 (Italian)
- US Città di Palermo Report and Accounts on 30 June 2007 (Italian)
- "Agliardi agrees Palermo switch". UEFA.com. 25 January 2006.
- "Preso il vice Gillet" (in Italian). AS Bari. 2008-07-02. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- "Nicola Santoni è il nuovo preparatore dei portieri" (in Italian). Ravenna Calcio. 9 July 2010. Retrieved 27 August 2010.
- "Comunicato Ufficiale N°101/CDN (2011–12)" (PDF). Commissione Disciplinare Nazionale (in Italian). FIGC. 18 June 2012. Retrieved 18 June 2012.