|Full name||Nicolao Manuel Dumitru Cardoso|
|Date of birth||12 October 1991|
|Place of birth||Nacka, Stockholm, Sweden|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|2011–2012||→ Empoli (loan)||25||(4)|
|2012–2013||→ Ternana (loan)||15||(1)|
|2013–2014||→ Cittadella (loan)||18||(1)|
|2014||→ Reggina (loan)||13||(2)|
|2014–2015||→ Veria (loan)||27||(6)|
|2015–2016||→ Latina (loan)||34||(7)|
|2016–2017||→ Nottingham Forest (loan)||10||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 February 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17 July 2011
On 31 August 2010, he was signed by Serie A club S.S.C. Napoli at age 18 and 11 months. He failed to break into the first team during his period at Napoli, making only nine Serie A appearances at the club. Dumitru also played a few games for the reserve.
Return to Empoli
On 20 July 2011, it was announced Dumitru would return to Empoli in Serie B for the 2011–12 season on a one-year loan basis. On 27 August he scored on his debut, in the first match of the league, against Juve Stabia.
Further Italian loan spells
On 23 July 2012, Dumitru joined Serie B club Ternana on a season-long loan deal until the end of the 2012–13 season. On 31 January 2013 the loan was terminated. Dumitru joined Citadella on a temporary deal the same day. He joined Reggina on loan for the 2013–14 season.
On 13 August 2014, Greek club Veria announced the loan signing of Dumitru from Napoli on a one-year deal. He debuted on 24 August 2014 in the season's premiere home match against Skoda Xanthi where he scored his first goal. On 13 September 2014, in a match against Kerkyra, he scored his second goal and was the victim of "derogatory and racist remarks" Horacio Cardozo. The incident was reported by Veria's squad and Cardozo was invited by the Hellenic Football Federation to further give an explanation of the incident that took place. The HFF found Cardozo not guilty due to the lack of strong evidence. Dumitru was twice nominated for the Best Goal award for the goals that he scored on the first matchday as well as on the third, and won the award for his second goal in the championship. He also scored twice on his 2014–15 Greek Cup debut in home 4–1 victory against Ermionida. He got his first assist with Veria against PAS Giannina where Nikos Kaltsas scored. Nicolao scored his third championship goal in a home victory against Levadiakos during Superleague's seventh matchday.
Alcorcón / Gimnàstic
On 1 August 2017, Dumitru signed a two-year deal with Spanish Segunda División club AD Alcorcón. The following 11 January, he moved to fellow league team Gimnàstic de Tarragona after cutting ties with the Madrid side.
Dumitru was eligible to play international football for Sweden by birth, Brazil through his mother, Romania through his father and Italy through residency, his family having migrated there from Sweden when he was a child.
- "nicolao manuel cardoso dumitru empoli – Serie B" (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- "Convocazioni e presenze in campo – NOME: DUMITRU CARDOSO NICOLAO M" (in Italian). FIGC.it. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- "UFFICIALE: Nicolao Dumitru al Napoli" (in Italian). SSC Napoli.it. Retrieved 31 August 2010.
- "Arriva Nicolao Dumitru: stasera sarà presente a Fucecchio" (in Italian). Empoli FC. 12 June 2012. Archived from the original on 13 December 2013. Retrieved 20 July 2011.
- "FERE: DUMITRU È UFFICIALE" (in Italian). Ternana Calcio. 23 July 2012. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- "MERCATO IN USCITA: NICOLAO DUMITRU RIENTRA AL NAPOLI" (in Italian). Ternana Calcio. 31 January 2013. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- "CITTA: ARRIVA DUMITRU" (in Italian). AS Cittadella. 31 January 2013. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- "Dumitru e Azizi alla Reggina, Rigoni al Cittadella" (in Italian). Reggina Calcio. 31 January 2014. Archived from the original on 2 February 2014. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "Παίκτης της Βέροιας o Nicolao Manuel Dumitru Cardoso" (in Greek). 13 August 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-13.
- "Anti-racism: Greek union unites players". FIFPro World Players' Union. 2 October 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2016.
- "'Show respect to everyone' says Olympiacos star Eric Abidal at anti-racism conference". Network Fare. 22 October 2014. Retrieved 27 August 2016.
- "Ανακοίνωση των ποδοσφαιριστών της ΠΑΕ Βέροια" (in Greek). veriafc.gr. 14 September 2014. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Nottingham Forest sign Carayol and Dumitru – and still want more additions". Nottingham Post. 30 August 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Newcastle 3-1 Forest". BBC. 30 December 2016.
- "Nicolao Dumitru, nuevo jugador de la A.D. Alcorcón" [Nicolao Dumitru, new player of A.D. Alcorcón] (in Spanish). AD Alcorcón. 1 August 2017. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- "Dumitru Cardoso, velocitat per a l'extrem esquerre" [Dumitru Cardoso, speed for the left flank] (in Catalan). Gimnàstic de Tarragona. 11 January 2018.
- "Dumitru: "Spero di giocare titolare per questa squadra e per questa città"" (in Italian). GoNews.it. 28 January 2010. Archived from the original on 5 July 2010. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- "Empoli e Brescia, grandi con i ragazzi della B" (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. 4 June 2010. Retrieved 11 August 2010.