|Born||March 22, 1978|
|Notable works||The Elephant Song, Iceland, Butcher|
|Notable awards||Governor General's Award for English-language drama, Canadian Screen Award, WGC Screenwriting Award|
A member of the inaugural Soulpepper Academy, Nicolas's version of Anton Chekhov's Three Sisters was produced at Soulpepper in 2007, directed by László Marton. He also co-created BLiNK with the other members of the Academy for the Luminato Festival.
A few months later, his play Greenland opened at the 2009 SummerWorks Theatre Festival. It was a critical and audience success, and won both the Now Magazine Audience Choice Award and the SummerWorks Outstanding Production Award. Later that year, Billon was voted one of the Top 10 Theatre Artists of 2009 by Toronto's Now Magazine.
His play The Elephant Song was adapted into the 2014 film Elephant Song, directed by Charles Binamé and starring Bruce Greenwood, Xavier Dolan, and Catherine Keener. His screenplay garnered both the 2015 Canadian Screen Award for Best Adapted Screenplay and the 2015 WGC Screenwriting Award for Features & Mini-Series.
Billon's newest play, Butcher, premiered at Alberta Theatre Projects in October 2014. The play deals with the theme of justice and features several characters who speak Lavinian, an invented language created by two linguists, Christina Kramer and Dragana Obradović, specifically for the play.
- Elephant Song (2014)
- Hyperlight (2018)
- How Tommy Lemenchick Became a Grade 7 Legend (2016)
- A Kindness (2012)
- The Exit (2010)
- Butcher (2014)
- Faroe Islands (2013)
- Iceland (2012)
- The Safe Word (2011)
- Greenland (2009)
- The Measure of Love (2005)
- The Elephant Song (2004)
- Stevenson's Treasure Island (2017)
- Aeschylus' Agamemnon (2016)
- Brecht & Steffin's Rifles (2014)
- Euripides' Iphigenia at Aulis (2010)
- Molière's The Sicilian (2009)
- Chekhov's Three Sisters (2007)
- I'm So Close (2010)
- BLiNK (2008)
- "Stratford Festival – Archives & History". Stratfordfestival.ca. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- Kaplan, Jon. "Brand new Sister act | NOW Magazine". Nowtoronto.com. Archived from the original on October 22, 2013. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- Kustanczy, Catherine (June 9, 2008). "BLiNK and You'll Miss it | news". Torontoist. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "NOW // Summerworks 2009 | NOW Magazine". Nowtoronto.com. Archived from the original on October 22, 2013. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- "SummerWorks Review: Greenland [The Greenland Collective]". The Panic Manual. August 18, 2009. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- Sumi, Glenn. "SummerWorks standouts | NOW Magazine". Nowtoronto.com. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- Kaplan, Jon (January 3, 2012). "Jon Kaplan's Top 10 Theatre Artists | NOW Magazine". Nowtoronto.com. Retrieved 2013-10-21.
- "Get ready to read the GGreat books of 2013 | The Canada Council for the Arts". Canadacouncil.ca. October 2, 2013. Archived from the original on October 22, 2013. Retrieved October 21, 2013.
- "TIFF 2014 to screen Xavier Dolan and Denys Arcand films". CBC News, August 6, 2014.
- "Learning Lavinian: professors create a new Slavic language"