The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nicolas Felizola began his artistic career as Fashion Photographer, and while capturing the images of his subjects, he discovered his true passion for fashion design. Nicolas Felizola has immortalized top A-listers worldwide and has been featured in various publications as one of the 100 most Outstanding Artists of the 21st Century. Felizola has worked as photographer for fashion designers such as Alexander McQueen and the House of Givenchy. Their close relationship has inspired him to become one of the most progressive designers of today’s demanding fashion-conscious public. Understated elegance and glamour are the hallmarks of Nicolas Felizola’s designs. His style is unique, with a signature image always bearing his personal touch. His total devotion and passion for the Couture style has won him multiple prestigious awards, such as the “Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition (2012), UNESCO “Personality of The Year Award” (2012), “Best Designer of Miami Fashion Week,” twice awarded by Tiffany & Co. for his Privé and Uomo collections; the “Zanetti Murano Award” in Italy; and in Mexico, the “Universal Excellence Award”. Nicolas was featured in Forbes Magazine as “America’s Young Fashion Designer,” recognized among ten Hispanic Designers that are influential in the United States, such as Carolina Herrera and Oscar De La Renta. The purity and elegance of his timeless designs have been showcased on the most elite runways of the world, sharing the stage with Valentino, Oscar de la Renta and Dior to many a few.
Nicolas Felizola, was born to a prominent Venezuelan family in Valle de la Pascua, Venezuela. During his childhood he was exposed to the richness and textures of nature at his family farm. It was during that time, that his true artistic essence came to life. He moves to the city of Caracas, where he pursues a degree in law and graduates at the top of his class with cum laude honors. Although he had the best offers to begin a career in law, Nicolas discovers his true passion for photography and the arts.
Felizola, as a designer, has produced the following collections:
- Vibrations Fashion performance At Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts in 2015
- Felizola Privè 2014
- Felizola Resort 2014 and Men's Underwear line "Felizolaunderworld"
- MOOI (Inspired by Rembrandt and Vermeer) in 2013
- Cinetique (Inspired by Kinetic Movement) in 2012
- Orinokia (Inspired by the Orinoco River) in 2011
- Seductrice in 2010
- Enamorada (Spanish for "In Love") in 2009
- Del Cuore (Italian for "Of The Heart") in 2008
This collection was inspired for the first ever to combine the magic of music with couture fashion design. The event was held at the ç in the city of Miami. The music portion of this beautiful evening was led by the Miami Symphony Orchestra.
Mooi is Felizola's latest collection inspired by Rembrandt and Vermeer. These 17th-century Dutch painter's contributions to art came in a period that historians called the Dutch Golden Age. The end result was a richly varied handling of paint and deep layers.
A reverence to the world of kinetic movement originated in Paris by great teachers of their time such as Carlos Cruz Diez and Jesus Soto. They served as foundation and inspiration to Nicolas Felizola. Conceptualizing in their different facets as the artist of the photographic lens, of fashion couture and of unique decorative pieces for the home, Felizola offers us his own version of the Kinetic movement for the 21st century. Cinetique transports us with its encircling magic lines fused in a focal point to emphasize the delicate female silhouette.
Nicolas Felizola Spring Summer 2011 was Orinokia. The legends of El Dorado the city of gold and the Orinoco River have brought forward myths and fantasy that have outlasted the clutches of time. 
Inspired in the fierless power of seduction of a today's modern woman . This collection was held at Miami Fashion Week 2010 (Closing Ceremony)
In 2009, Felizola released his new spring/summer collection titled Enamorada. Felizola took inspiration on the 1950s Mexican star María Félix. The designer said about this collection:
"Maria was in love with fashion. She understood that the art of dressing required, like every master work, unavoidable steps to reach perfection. The cuts and lines that emphasized her waistline and accentuated her silhouette were her trademark, just like the colors and richness of the garments' textures. Coming into the present time, fine silk gazaar feathers cut in a laborious maneuver, just like flares, embroidery, beading, pleats, French Chantilly lace and the most exquisite silks embody this collection."
2008 Del Cuore
Felizola debuted his Spring/Summer 2008 collection at New York Fashion Week 2008 during a charity luncheon benefiting the AROD Family Foundation, hosted by baseball player of the year, Alex Rodriguez and his wife, Cynthia. When asked about this collection, Felizola said:
"Del Cuore is about the passion of the heart and this collection is purely from the heart and completely about the passion that a woman has."
AWARDS & MERITS
- 2017 - "Chiaroscuro Studio Award" - Given to Nicolas Felizola for his contributions to the arts in the United States. Miami FL.
- 2016 - Mayor Tomas Regalado presented the “Key to the City Of Miami” to Venezuelan Photographer, Fashion Designer and Attorney at Law Nicolas Felizola. Miami, FL.
- 2016 - Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Santo Domingo 2016 - "Nicolas Felizola Prive Collection". Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
- 2016 - Puerto Rico Fashion "Nicolas Felizola Vibrations". San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- 2016 - "Miami Life Achievement Award" For his contributions to the fashion industry and for his philanthropic work in Miami and around the world. Miami, FL.
- 2016 - Awarded "The Princess Grace of Monaco Award" by the Foundation Grace of Monaco. New York, NY.
- 2015 - MISO CHIC Nicolas Felizola "Fashion Show Vibrations" At Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts". Miami, FL.
- 2015 - Miami Life Awards "Designer of the Year". Miami FL.
- 2014 - Miami Fashion Week 2014 "Resort Collection". Miami Beach, FL.
- 2013 - "Miami Fashion Week 2013", Miami Beach FL
- 2013 - PGA (Professional Golfers Association) World Golf Championship, Doral, FL
- 2012 - "BeLive for Colombia, Fashion Show". Miami, FL
- 2012 -" Caribbean Fashion Week", Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- 2012 - "Miami Beach International Fashion Week 2012", Miami Beach, FL
- 2011 - "Noche Romántica Fundación San Felipe", Panamá, Republic of Panama
- 2011 - “Miami Fashion Week", Miami FL
- 2010 - “Orinokia Nicolas Felizola Prive 2011", Miami, FL
- 2010 - “República Dominicana Fashion Week", Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- 2010 - "Miami International Fashion Week 2010". Miami, FL
- 2010 - “Maria Felix Exhibition", Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- 2009 - "Vanidades de la Moda"
- 2009 - “Noche de Estrellas". DF, Mexico
- 2009 - “High Fashion Palm Beach", Palm Beach, FL
- 2009 - “Miami Fashion Week 2009", Miami, FL
- 2008 - “Enamorada Fashion Show CIFO Museum". Miami, FL
- 2008 - “Maria Felix Exhibition", Miami FL
- 2008 - “Acapulco Fashion “Novias Felizola”, Acapulco, Mexico
- 2008 - “Miami Fashion Week 2008, Miami FL
- 2008 - “Vanidades Fashion Show", Miami, FL
- 2007 -“Harpers Bazaar Magia de Moda" Miami, FL
- 2007 - "DFashion Fashion Week". Mexico, DF
- 2007 - “A Rod Family Foundation Fashion Show", New York NY
- 2007 - “Pasarella Fashion Night “Modama” Guadalajara, Mexico
- 2007 - “Miracle Makers Big Brother Big Sister". Miami, FL
- 2007 - “Miami Fashion Week Miami Showcase, Miami, Fl ”
- 2007 - “Cosmolounge", San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 2006 - “Love at First Sight, Ocean Drive". Miami, FL
- 2006 - “Haper’s Bazaar Magia de Moda". Miami, FL
- 2006 - “MS Fashion Show", Tampa, FL
- 2006 - “Semana de la Moda 2006", Caracas, Venezuela
- 2006 - “Lanzamiento Revista Nueva", San José, Costa Rica”
- 2006 - “Managua Big Fashion Nicaragua” Managua, Nicaragua
- 2006 - “Miami Fashion Week 2006", Miami, FL
- 2005 - “Acapulco Fashion Week, Acapulco Mexico”
- 2005 - “Caras Fashion Show" Guayaquil Quito, Ecuador ”
- 2005 - “10 Years of Beauty and Fashion, Nicaragua ”
- 2005 - “Operation Smile, Los Angeles, CA”
- 2005 - “Belleza Por Una Causa, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic”
- 2005 - Red Carpet International. San Juan Puerto Rico
- 2005 - Miami Fashion Week (Best Designer Award)
- 2004 - “Corazones de la Moda, Miami FL ”
- 2003 - Piel Miami Fl.
- 2003 - “Dias de Moda, Ciudad Panamá, Panamá
- Editor "Move Over Oscar, Nicolas Felizola's Got Next!"www.latina.com, 1-03-2008