Nicolas Lopez (fencer)
14 November 1980 |
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lb)|
|National coach(es)||Jean-Philippe Daurelle|
|FIE Ranking||current ranking|
Lopez won the gold medal in the sabre team event at the 2006 World Fencing Championships after beating Ukraine in the final. He accomplished this with his team mates Vincent Anstett, Julien Pillet and Boris Sanson.
At the 2008 Beijing Olympics he helped his team win a gold medal in fencing, after beating the United States in the final. Lopez also won the silver medal in the individual sabre fencing, losing to Zhong Man in the final.
- 2005 World Fencing Championships, team sabre
- 2006 World Fencing Championships, team sabre
- 2007 World Fencing Championships, team sabre
- 2008 Beijing Olympics, team sabre
- 2008 Beijing Olympics, individual sabre
- The Canadian Press (6 October 2006). "France golden at fencing worlds". CBC. Retrieved 24 October 2010.
- Associated Press (17 August 2008). "France gets gold in team saber". New York Times. Retrieved 24 October 2010.
- Associated Press (12 August 2008). "China's Zhong beats France's Lopez for saber gold". New York Times. Retrieved 24 October 2010.[dead link]
- Profile at the European Fencing Confederation
|This biographical article related to a French fencer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|