This biographical article is written like a résumé. (August 2013)
Nicolas Roope (born 26 February 1972 in Singapore, Singapore) is a British industrial and digital media designer and entrepreneur. Roope received Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Sculpture from Liverpool John Moores University. Roope's career combines his interest in art, design and technology into various commercial and artistic pursuits. His designs have been included in The Cooper-Hewitt collection and The V&A. He is married with two children.
- Founder of Antirom
- UK Managing Director and Global Executive Creative Director of Oven Digital
- Founder and Executive Creative Director of Poke
- Founder of Hulger
- Founder of Plumen
- Founder and Chair of The Lovie Awards
- Founder and Co-Chair of Internet Week Europe
- Member of the UK Tech City advisory board to Number 10 Downing Street
- Co-Founder of the BL-NK space
- IADAS Member
- Superbrands Council Member
- MUBI Advisory Board Member
Awards and honors
- Winner of 10 Webby Awards
- Winner of D&AD Black Pencil
- Included in The Wired 100
- Included in The Adage Creative 50
- Plumen 001, designed by Samuel Wilkinson (under the brand Hulger), has been included in MOMA permanent collection
- Included in The Tech City Insider 100
- Winner of Brit Insurance Design Awards
- In the inaugural list of the British Interactive Media Association Hall Of Fame 20
- Awarded the London Design Festival's "Design Entrepreneur Medal" in 2014.
- "Good Ideas Salon London Speaker Nicolas Roope". PSFK. 2009-01-07. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "The 1st annual Lovie Awards calls for entries from the best of the European web". The Lovie Awards. 11 July 2011.
- "D&AD Awards 2011: Juries: Digital Design". D&AD. Archived from the original on September 29, 2011. Retrieved July 24, 2011.
- "The 2nd annual Wired 100: Positions 100-80 (Wired UK)". Wired.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "The Creativity 50 | News - Advertising Age". Adage.com. 2011-06-05. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "The Collection | Nicolas Roope (British, born 1972)". MoMA. Retrieved 2013-09-01.
- "Brit Insurance Design Awards 2011". Brit Insurance. Archived from the original on June 23, 2011. Retrieved July 24, 2011.