This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in German. (December 2019) Click [show] for important translation instructions.
|Member of the European Parliament|
|Assumed office |
2 July 2019
|Born||1 July 1962|
Hamburg, West Germany
|Political party||Alternative for Germany|
Constantin Nicolaus Johannes Joachim Fest (born 1 July 1962) is a German politician (Alternative for Germany) and former journalist, who is serving as a Member of the European Parliament.
Fest was deputy editor-in-chief of Bild am Sonntag of Springer SE. In 2014 he wrote a comment in which he called Islam an "obstacle to integration". Colleagues distanced themselves, the press council issued a reprimand and Fest left Springer Verlag. In 2016 he joined the AfD Berlin and stated he wanted to join the Bundestag some day.
In 2019 he was elected as a member of the European Parliament.
After the death of the president of the European Parliament David Sassoli in 2022, Fest wrote: "Finally this bastard is gone" in a WhatsApp group of AfD MoP.
- ^ "Key dates ahead". European Parliament. 20 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- ^ "Key dates ahead". BBC News. 22 May 2017. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- ^ "Alle Gewählte in alphabetischer Reihenfolge". Der Bundeswahlleiter (in German). Retrieved 2 December 2019.
- ^ "ZEIT ONLINE | Lesen Sie zeit.de mit Werbung oder im PUR-Abo. Sie haben die Wahl". www.zeit.de. Retrieved 11 January 2022.
- ^ tagesschau.de. "AfD-Politiker: Beschimpfungen und Frohlocken über Sassolis Tod". tagesschau.de (in German). Retrieved 11 January 2022.