This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nicole Brewer, Miss Pennsylvania 2005
|Education||Millersville University of Pennsylvania|
|Title||Miss Allegheny Valley 2005|
Miss Pennsylvania 2005
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss America 2006 (Top 10)|
As a junior and senior in college, Brewer won two local pageant titles, including Miss Central Pennsylvania 2004 and Miss Allegheny Valley 2005. In her second attempt at the state title, she won the Miss Pennsylvania 2005 title on July 2, 2005 in Nazareth, Pennsylvania. On January 21, 2006, Nicole competed in the nationally televised Miss America pageant, making it into the top ten final contestants, to eventual winner Jennifer Berry of Oklahoma.[dead link]
Brewer graduated from Marple Newtown Senior High School in 2001 and Millersville University of Pennsylvania in 2005, graduating with a B.S magna cum laude in speech communications. During her college years, Brewer was president of the National Broadcasting Society. She also served as business manager for the University cable station, MUTV and as a lead anchor for News 99. Brewer interned at WGAL-TV in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and worked as a special assignment reporter for GATV, Public, educational, and government access (PEG) community access cable television station in Greeley, Colorado.
Nicole Brewer joined CBS 3’s Eyewitness News team on April 1, 2008 as the first local TV reporter reporting primarily for a website, CBS3.COM and as a contributor to Wake Up News on The CW Philly, Vice-President and News Director Susan Schiller has announced. Before joining CBS 3, Brewer had been a feature reporter and producer for the nightly news magazine Tempo at WLVT-TV, the PBS station in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. She won a 2008 Mid-Atlantic Emmy Award for her feature report on Tempo, Kids and Gangs. She was also nominated by the Associated Press in 2009 for her feature, Parents on Facebook. Active in the community, she is a volunteer for the Big Brothers Big Sisters of America organization.
She then became anchor for the weekend morning newscasts on CBS 3 and was weekday reporter for the stations’ morning shows, 4:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. In June, 2018, after a decade on air, she left her job the station saying she wanted to spend more time with her family.
- "Nicole Brewer". Comcast. September 1, 2005. Archived from the original on September 28, 2015. Retrieved 2015-09-28.
- Celley, Scot. "Local women to compete in Miss Pennsylvania". York Daily Record.
- Davis, Samantha (2005-07-08). "Crown: Millersville University graduate is a winner". Lancaster New Era/Intelligencer Journal/Sunday News. p. 01.
- Crisp, Marty (2005-12-04). "What happens in Vegas...". Lancaster New Era/Intelligencer Journal/Sunday News. p. 01.
- Arellano, Roxye (2005-12-19). "Visiting family: Miss Pennsylvania enjoys Greeley". The Greeley Tribune.
- Club, Ad (2008-03-23). "Nicole Brewer Joins CBS 3, CW Philly As Local TV's First Web Reporter". Philadelphia Ad Club.
- Nicole Brewer on Facebook
- Nicole Brewer on Twitter
- CBS 3's Nicole Brewer
- Miss Pennsylvania official website
- CBS 3 Eyewitness News
| Miss Pennsylvania