|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Nicole Faria at the First look launch of 'Yaariyan'
|Born||Nicole Estelle Faria
9 February 1990 
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
|Height||1.753 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Title(s)||Miss India South 2010
Femina Miss India Earth 2010
Miss Earth 2010
|Miss India South 2010
Femina Miss India 2010
(Femina Miss India Earth)
Miss Earth 2010
(Miss Diamond Place)
Faria first got into the world of fashion as a fifteen-year-old, working in the industry in Delhi and Mumbai, and in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Since the international Miss Earth pageant, she has gotten opportunities to break into Bollywood. In an interview, she was asked how her life has changed after winning the Miss Earth 2010 and she replied: "It has changed a lot — drastically. Right after the win, I started getting better work and more work. The quality of work shot up to the stars. And I have met so many new people, so many nice, very warm-hearted people. I have got to travel the world, see more places, get a taste of different cultures and traditions, which is very satisfying for me." She has posed for fashion magazines like Elle, Cosmopolitan, Vogue among others. She has also walked the ramp in the Lakme Fashion Week, Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week, and Colombo Fashion Week.
Femina Miss India 2010
Faria won the Miss India Earth title at the Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2010 beauty pageant in Mumbai. Pantaloons Femina Miss India is a national beauty pageant competition in India, which annually selects three winners to compete internationally. She won along with Manasvi Mamgai, who was crowned Femina Miss India World 2010, and Neha Hinge who got the Femina Miss India International 2010. Faria was crowned by Miss India Earth 2009 Shriya Kishore.
Miss Earth 2010
She won the Miss Talent, the first special award in the 10th Miss Earth pageant. She performed a graceful belly dance that combined Oriental and Middle Eastern style in an event that raised VND100 million, which was donated to the HCM City Red Cross, to support flood victims in the central region of Vietnam. She wore a shimmering white and gold outfit and defeated 84 other finalists. She ended her reign by crowning her successor Olga Alava of Ecuador during the Miss Earth 2011 final's night held in Manila,Philippines on 3 December 2011.
Faria entered show business as part of her prizes in winning Femina Miss Earth India 2010. She was managed by Shoot Talent Management, a division of Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.(BCCL) – India's premier media house, with KWAN – India's leading entertainment and marketing company.
She graced the inauguration of the 12th pin-up store of La Senza and the launching of its wild and lacy fierce collection on 26 January 2012 in Mumbai, India. Two weeks after, along with other celebrities in India she graced the seventh anniversary of Cypress, a multi-designer store and the launching of a label, Aminder Madan.
She walked in fashion show participated by national and international tennis players ahead of a tournament in March 2012 in Bangalore. She took the ramp in a little black dress which became the highlight of the show. The following day, she cut the ribbon and inaugurated the Popley La Classique boutique in Mumbai.
In April 2012, she posed for Vogue Australia together with Puerto Rican star Joan Smalls, Australian Shanina Shaik, and Tunisian model Hanaa Ben Abdesslem under the theme, "celebration of diversity with a truly beautiful global issue". She was then interviewed by Australia's flag carrier, Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services (Qantas) and was featured in the inflight magazine, Australian Way in its April 2012 issue where she shared her environmental advocacy.
In May 2012, she graced the Ramesh Dembla and Vibes Slimming Fashion Show in India as the showstopper in a black outfit and a floral number with a plunging neckline; she then became the surprise of the evening when she took the stage for a belly dance routine. In July, Faria walked for Reshma Kunhi in a red and black embellished mermaid skirt on the final day of the Blender’s Pride Bangalore Fashion Week.
Faria has been travelling the world, as the global brand ambassador for Frédérique Constant Geneve. A certain percentage of proceeds from all the watches goes to the International Children's Heart Foundation. Her role as global brand ambassador for the Swiss watch brought her to various countries:
|Global Brand Ambassador Trips|
|Month & Year||Country Visited||Notes|
|June 2011||Mumbai, India||She was chosen as the global Brand Ambassador of Frédérique Constant.|
|16 June 2011||Geneva, Switzerland||She attend the anniversary of Frédérique Constant.|
|November 2011||Sydney, Australia||She visited Sydney in her role as brand ambassador|
|January 2012||Kuwait||Exclusive launch of Luxury watch maker Frederique Constant’s in Kuwait|
|29 February 2012||Perth, Western Australia||She hosted an exclusive event at Mazzucchelli's flagship jewellery store for the VIPs.|
Media and environmental activism
Miss Earth reign
After winning Miss Earth 2010 in Nha Trang, Vietnam, Faria traveled to Thailand in December 2010. Upon her return to India, she was ranked number 10 on the list of Times' 50 Most Desirable Women of 2010 in January 2011.
She walked at the fashion show organized by the Cotton Council International, the producer of one of the most-talked-about TV reality shows in India called Let's Design, which was held in Bangalore in February 2011. She then hosted a musical fest organized by Gitanjali Lifestyle on 25 March 2011 as part of the closing of the prestigious convention on all things media and entertainment FICCI FRAMES 2011 held in Mumbai, India.
Faria traveled to the United States in the last week of May 2011 and met with New York City's crème de la crème, including members of the Filipino American and Indian American communities. She talked about earth-related issues such as global warming, environmental hazards, ecotourism, and nature imbalance. Also in New York City, she attended a jewelry exhibit by Ramona Haar at the Philippine Consulate General, she modeled in the show Aurus organized by the Filipinos In the Arts in America, Inc., and graced a fund-raising drive by Samsung held at Time Warner Center. She also made a trip to Washington, where she was interviewed by the media regarding her victory at Miss Earth and her environmental platform.
Upon her return to India in June 2011, Faria was chosen as the global Brand Ambassador of Frédérique Constant, a manufacturer of Swiss luxury wrist watches based in Plan-les-Ouates, Geneva, Switzerland. The announcement was made in Mumbai where the company presented to Faria a special Chocolate Double Heart Beat watch to commence the partnership with conservation and environmental projects of Faria in India. She traveled on 16 June 2011 to Switzerland to attend the anniversary of Frédérique Constant, where she led the charity auction benefiting the International Children’s Heart Foundation and donated a total of US$75,000 to the foundation.
In accordance with the activities of Miss Earth, Faria traveled to Thailand and attended the press conference for Miss Earth 2011 that was held at Kirimaya Resort, Khao Yai on 20 July 2011. She arrived in the Philippines from Bangkok on 26 July 2011 to help promote the Philippine government programs aimed at saving and protecting the environment. She attended the press briefing in Pasig City together with Miss Earth Water 2011 Watsaporn Wattanakoon of Thailand, and Miss Earth Air 2011 Victoria Shchukina of Russia. Faria and her court made a series of appearances on behalf of the Miss Earth Foundation throughout their stay such as courtesy call on the Philippine Department of Environment and Natural Resources followed by a visit to SM Supermarket to promote the chain’s "I am Plastic-Free Campaign", visited Tayuman Elementary School in Rizal as part of the foundation’s "I Love My Planet Earth School Tour", participated in coastal clean-up and tree planting at the Las Piñas-Parañaque Critical Habitat and Eco-Tourism Area. Along with the Miss Philippines-Earth past and present titleholders, Faria sashayed on the runway in a special fashion show on 3 August 2011 at the Discovery Suites in Ortigas, featuring a 36-piece collection of Frederick Policarpio’s creations. She was at the De La Salle University in Manila on 4 August 2011 to participate in a forum dubbed "Fostering Beauty and Responsibility through Environmental Stewardship".
From 13–17 September 2011, she traveled to Joensuu, Finland to attend the ENO Conference with the international year of the forests as the focus and "ACT NOW" as its banner. She spoke in the conference and performed eco fashion show, media interview, tree planting ceremony, and participated in the environmental parade, "Peace for Earth". After the conference in Finland, Faria and Miss Earth Foundation Executive Director Cathy Untalan traveled to Dehradun, India as guests of honors of ENO India in celebrating ENO "100 Million Trees By 2017 Campaign" held on 21 September 2011 at the premises of The Indian Public School in Dehradun. They also interacted with local media and students and emphasized the need for generating environmental awareness amongst youth and sustainable development.
In India, she focused her reign in addressing Bangalorelakes problems which have rapidly disappeared in the past 30 years from about 270-300 lakes to about 80 lakes remained due to industrial development and have been heavily polluted by human and industrial waste. She is involved with the local United Way in an initial lake cleanup project with the government and has also partnered with the Sherwood Institute, a nonprofit arm of Sherwood Design Engineers, a San Francisco, California-based firm with proven results in international projects of scale relating to fresh, clean water. In October 2011, Faria and Sherwood Institute developed a master plan for all the lakes and watersheds in Bangalore to ensure a whole-system solution that is sustainable over time and they formed a steering committee that includes business leaders, entrepreneurs and technical experts to set the execution plan and metrics for successful education, visibility and fundraising throughout the scope of the project with a broad base of expertise and geography from Bangalore, India; Boston, Massachusetts; New York City, and San Francisco. In addition, Faria has been promoting the use of solar energy as a better source of power. She even partnered with a Bangalore company (U Solar) to promote awareness about using the sun’s renewable energy that can greatly reduce humanity’s dependence on fossil fuels.
Faria was accompanied by Miss Earth Air 2011 Victoria Shchukima from Russia, Miss Earth Water 2011 Watsaporn Wattanakoon from Thailand and Miss Earth Fire 2011 Yeidy Bosques; as a group they visited Thailand's flooded areas to provide moral support, distribute food and assistance. In her interview with The Nation (Thailand), she praised His Majesty the King Bhumibol Adulyadej's idea of planting vetiver grass (Ya Faek in Thai) to prevent future flooding.
She traveled 90 percent of the time during her Miss Earth reign. In addition to numerous trips around India, she also traveled to Vietnam, Australia, Dubai, South Africa, Philippines, Switzerland, Washington State, New York City, Thailand, Finland, Fiji, Kuwait, and London.
After Miss Earth reign
On 29 January 2012, she ran for a cause to spread awareness about the detrimental effect of pollution on the Rabindra Sarovar Lakes that was organized by the West Bengal Government along with the Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority and the Kolkata Improvement Trust.
She was one of the featured models in the 2014 Kingfisher Swimsuit Calendar shot in the Philippines.
Her father Ian Faria who hails from Goa is a motivational speaker and corporate trainer. Her brother Craig, three years her senior, is into real estate. Her paternal grandmother runs an NGO called Prema Jyothi Trust. She did her schooling at Sophia High School in Bangalore, then her PUC from Christ College and BA from Mount Carmel College, an affiliated college within the Bangalore University.
|2014||Yaariyan||Jiya||Bollywood debut film|
|2016||Bir Baba Hindu||Gundhi Sandhu (Main Role)||Turkish film|
- TNN (9 February 2012). "Wishing Nicole Faria a very Happy Birthday!". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Nicole Faria Profile (Femina Miss India)". Femina Miss India website. 1 August 2010. Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- "Nicole Faria crowned Miss Earth 2010 wearing crystal-studded gown by Archana Kochhar - Miss India Manasvi Mamgai happy for her". Washington Bangla Radio. 8 December 2010. Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- Luthra, Rajni Anand (1 November 2011). "Living her passion" (PDF). India Link (Australia). p. 35. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- Nambiar, Deepika (28 January 2012). "Wearing a watch determines pure elegance –Miss Earth Nicole Faria in Kuwait". Indiansin Kuwait. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Down to Earth". Khaleej Times. 7 October 2011. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "n/model-of-the-day/Nicole-Faria/articleshow/5939826.cms Nicole Faria - The Times of India".[dead link]
- "LFW Day 2: Fashion travails - The Times of India". The Times Of India. 18 September 2010.
- "Wishing Nicole Faria a very Happy Birthday!". Times of India. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- New HP Notebooks TVC uses colour as an idiom of change - News - Advertising - Campaign India
- news.outlookindia.com | Manasvi Mamgai Crowned Miss India World
- "Manasvi Mamgai wins Femina Miss India crown - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "'Main ban gayi Miss India!' - The Times of India". The Times Of India. 3 May 2010.
- "Manish Malhotra, Satya Paul dazzle SA fashion show - The Times of India". The Times Of India. 6 September 2010.
- "In pics: Manasvi Mamgai wins Femina Miss India crown - The Economic Times". The Times Of India. 1 May 2010.
- The 10th Miss Earth Pageant
- "Nicole Faria's family not surprised by Miss Earth win". dnaindia.com. Dec 5, 2010. Retrieved Dec 5, 2010.
- SGGP English Edition- Indian contestant wins Miss Earth talent competition
- VOVNEWS.VN | Indian beauty crowned Miss Earth Talent 2010 - Indian beauty crowned Miss Earth Talent 2010
- Vietnam latest news - Thanh Nien Daily | Indian beauty wins Talent crown at Miss Earth 2010
- "Set to Shoot - The Times of India". The Times Of India. 3 November 2010.
- "Deepika Padukone at La Senza's event". The Times of India. 26 January 2012. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Celebs at the 7th Anniversary of Cypress". Pink Villa. 14 February 2012. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- "A fashion show by tennis players". The Times of India. 25 March 2011. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "Nicole Faria inaugurates Popley La Classique". Apun Ka Choice. 29 March 2012. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- Spring, Alexandra (4 April 2012). "Global beauty with Joan Smalls...". Vogue (magazine) Australia. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- Qantas, The Australian Way (1 April 2012). "Q&A with beauty queen & environmentalist Nicole Faria". Qantas. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- Magnusson, Tony (1 April 2012). "In her element" (PDF). Qantas, page 34, April 2012 issue. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "Nicole Faria belly dances at this fashion do". The Times of India. 17 May 2012. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- "Dazzling ensemble on the ramp". Deccan Herald. 31 July 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Big boys don't want to spend". Deccan Chronicle. 2 March 2012. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- Wilkinson, Jessica (1 March 2012). "Hot young model living the dream". The West Australian. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- Sunayana Suresh (18 February 2013). "Nicole to make her film debut". Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- "Hrithik, Kat top Times 50 Most Desirable Men and Women poll". Sify Technologies Ltd. 10 January 2011. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- Nixon, Ron (12 February 2011). "For Groups That Sell Goods Abroad, Help From U.S. Taxpayers". The New York Times. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- Rao, Pooja (27 March 2011). "Day 3 of FICCI Frames". BollySpice Entertainment News. Retrieved 10 May 2011.[dead link]
- "Sports18 successfully manages India Cyclothon-Mumbai 2011". Best Media Info by MediologySoftware Pvt.Ltd. 25 April 2011. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- "Amandeep Singh reigns supreme at cyclothon". Daily News & Analysis by Diligent Media Corporation Ltd. 25 April 2011. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- "Amandeep wins Mumbai leg of India Cyclothon". CNN-IBN. 24 April 2011. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- "Pride of Karnataka set the table for good deeds". Daily News and Analysis. 7 May 2011. Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "Corporates must speak out against corruption: Gopinath". The Times of India. 7 May 2011. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- Lo, Ricardo F. (2 July 2011). "Miss Earth 2011 eyes Bollywood". Philippine Star. Retrieved 2 July 2011.
- "Miss Earth bites the Big Apple". Filipino Reporter (newspaper). 3 June 2011. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- Events, New York (3 June 2011). "Aurus Mindanao "The Gold of Mindanao" A Dance-Fashion Theatre". New York Events. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "Aurus Mindanao". Filipino Reporter (newspaper). 3 June 2011. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- Online, International Business Times (30 July 2011). "Miss Earth: Humans biggest threat to environment". International Business Times. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- Pittilla, Mary Jane (27 June 2011). "Frédérique Constant celebrates Manufacture milestone". The Moodie Report. Retrieved 2 July 2011.
- Requintina, Robert R. (26 July 2011). "2010 Miss Earth winners here". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- Lo, Ricardo F. (28 July 2011). "Richard: We stand by Ate Ruffa". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- Pal Singh, Raminder (12 September 2011). "Yllätysvierailu! Maapallon kaunein on nyt Suomessa". Ilta Sanomat. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "Eco Fashion Show". Ustream. 16 September 2011. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "Miss Earth 2010, Nicole Faria, & Miss Philippines Earth, Catherine Untalan, Plant Trees". ENO India. 27 September 2011. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- Newswire, Traffiq (2 December 2011). "International Beauty Queen Creates Global Steering Committee to Solve Bangalore, India Water Crisis". MarketWatch. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- Newswire, Global India (7 October 2011). "Humans biggest threat to environment: Miss Earth Nicole Faria". Global India Newswire. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "Miss Earth beauty queens here to help flood victims". The Nation (Thailand). 4 October 2011. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- Pasupulate, Karthik (23 December 2011). "Cinema, the right line for me: Nicole Faria". Times of India. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "When celebs ran for a cause". The Times of India. 31 January 2012. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Rotary district announces welfare project". IBN Live. 4 February 2012. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Candid Moments With Nicole Faria". mybangalore.com. May 29, 2010. Retrieved May 29, 2010.
- "Who is Nicole Faria?". bangaloremirror.com. May 3, 2010. Retrieved May 3, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nicole Faria.|