Nicole Johnson (Miss California USA)
Johnson at the Miss California USA pageant, November 22, 2009
|Born||July 4, 1985|
|Spouse(s)||Michael Phelps (m. 2016)|
Johnson, the daughter of teacher and a pharmaceutical sales manager, was born in Colorado Springs, Colorado, grew up in Pennsylvania and then moved to Westlake Village, California, prior to starting middle school. She graduated from Westlake High School in 2003. When Johnson was 17, she read an advertisement in the Thousand Oaks Acorn for Miss California Teenager. Johnson, a Moorpark College student at the time, wanted to transfer to the University of Southern California and thought the scholarship would help pay her education. Out of 304 contestants Johnson took first runner-up.
After previously being first runner-up in the 2007 pageant, Johnson won the Miss California USA 2010 title in November 2009. She went on to compete in the Miss USA 2010 pageant held in Las Vegas where she placed ninth. She had been considered a favorite to win the title.
On February 21, 2015, Johnson became engaged to swimmer Michael Phelps. Johnson and Phelps had first met at the 2007 ESPY Awards. They started dating in 2009 and temporarily broke up prior to the 2012 Summer Olympics before reuniting in 2014. Their son, Boomer Robert Phelps, was born May 5, 2016. On June 13, 2016, the couple wed in a private ceremony.
- "5 Things to Know About Michael Phelps' New Fiancée, Nicole Johnson". Zimbio. Retrieved 2015-12-22.
- Crouse, Karen (7 August 2016). "Michael Phelps Relishes the Cheer and Challenge of His New Reality". The New York Times.
- Bieler, Des (22 February 2015). "Michael Phelps gets engaged to longtime girlfriend, a former Miss California". Washington Post.
- Fischer, Sophia (April 22, 2010). "Local resident Miss California heads to USA pageant next month in Vegas". Thousand Oaks Acorn. California. Archived from the original on April 26, 2015. Retrieved 2015-10-20.
...said Johnson, 24...
- Rochester, Teresa (9 December 2009). "Miss California ready to reign". Ventura County Star.
- Needham, Nancy (December 10, 2009). "Miss California is homegrown". Thousand Oaks Acorn. Archived from the original on November 18, 2015. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- Friedman, Megan (10 August 2016). "7 Things You Should Know About Michael Phelps's Fiancée, Nicole Johnson". Cosmopolitan.
- Nezzar, Jamo (May 3, 2010). "How I Trained Miss California 2010 Nicole Johnson for Miss USA 2010". MyFitTribe.com. Archived from the original on May 7, 2010. Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- Morales, Victor (23 November 2009). "Miss California Crowned". The Desert Sun – via Newspapers.com.
- Miss California favorite to win Miss USA. Tvlatest.com (May 15, 2010). Retrieved on 2015-10-20.
- Bender, Kelli (22 February 2015). "Michael Phelps and Nicole Johnson Are Engaged!". People.
- Worland, Justin (February 22, 2015). "Michael Phelps Just Got Engaged to Former Miss California USA". Time.
- Hendricks, Jaclyn (10 August 2016). "Meet Michael Phelps' fiancée, who gave swimmer another chance". New York Daily News.
- France, Lisa (28 October 2016). "Michael Phelps on secret marriage and new baby". CNN.
|Miss California USA