Nicole Junkermann  is a German entrepreneur and investor. She was born in Düsseldorf and now lives in London. She is the founder of NJF Holdings, which includes NJF Capital, NJF Private Equity, NJF Real Estate and The JJ Collection.
Junkermann began her business career as a co-founder of football gaming portal Winamax. Following its sale in 2001, she invested in newly-founded Infront Sports and Media, a sports media rights agency. Three of her early investments, Songza, Dollar Shave Club and RelatelQ, were acquired by Google, Unilever and Salesforce, respectively. Junkermann's holdings and activities have included Infront, United in Sports, Songza and Shanghai Really Sports.
Junkermann was one of the shareholders of Infront Sports & Media, a firm that provided sports and media rights management. Junkermann served as the Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of Infront, which ultimately sold to Bridgepoint, a private equity firm based in Europe, in 2008.
In 2005, Junkermann founded a private equity fund, United in Sports, focused on media and sports investments in Asia and Europe. United in Sports raised €242.2 million in 2007.
In 2013, Junkermann was part of a group of investors in Songza, an application developed to provide playlists. In July 2014, Google announced its acquisition of Songza, for which it paid an estimated $39 million.
On 13 June 2017, Junkermann was named co-chair of Magnum Global Ventures, alongside Thomas Dworzak. In July 2017, Junkermann invested in a newly created subsidiary, Magnum Global Ventures, to manage the assets of Magnum Photos.
In November 2018, Junkermann was appointed to the Department of Health and Social Care’s Healthtech Advisory Board. The board guides the Secretary of State on the potential of technology in health and social care.
- Nicole Junkerman at companycheck.co.uk. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- "Bloomberg - Biography". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2019-02-18.
- "Legendary Magnum Photos forced into overhaul now that "everyone has become a photographer"". Straits Times. 14 July 2017. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- Murray, James. "Bridgepoint reaches agreement to acquire Infront Sports & Media AG".
- Lieberman, David. "Google Buys Songza to Give Music Lists a Human Touch". Deadline.
- "Innovation award category winner: Coindrum offers homegrown solution to foreign coins problem". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "Team Nicole Junkermann". Trilantic Capital Partners.
- "Bridgepoint reaches agreement to acquire Infront Sports & Media AG". Bridgepoint.
- "QIA in race for Swiss media agency". Financial Times.
- "Songza (USA) Raised $3.8M According To SEC Filing". IEG Banking Blog.
- Sisario, Ben. "Google in Deal for Songza, a Music Playlist Service".
- "NJF Capital Limited". Endole. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- "Jobbio Bags €5m From NFJ Capital, Balderton Chief To Fund Ambitious Expansion Plans For Recruitment Disruptor". Haggerston Times. 12 September 2017. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- "Nicole Junkermann, la emprendedora que debes conocer". Vogue. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- "Magnum Photos announces its first outside investment in 70 years". British Journal of Photography. 2017-06-13. Retrieved 2017-06-21.
- "Health technology expert panel meets for the first time". Gov.uk. Department of Health and Social Care. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- "Interview: "KI kann verstörend wirken" – Investorin Junkermann über Fluch und Segen Künstlicher Intelligenz". www.handelsblatt.com (in German). Retrieved 2018-12-05.
- "DHSC Media Centre on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2018-11-26.
- "Count F.M. Brachetti-Peretti and Miss N. Junkermann - Marriages Announcements - Telegraph Announcements". announcements.telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-11-20.