Company headquarters and Central Technical Laboratory
|Traded as||TYO: 6594
TOPIX 100 Component
|Founded||July 23, 1973|
|Headquarters||338 Kuzetonoshiro-cho, Minami-ku, Kyoto 601-8205, Japan|
|Shigenobu Nagamori (CEO)|
|Revenue||JPY 875.1 billion) (FY 2013)|
USD 546 million (FY 2013)(JPY 56.27 billion) (FY 2013)
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references
Nidec Corporation (日本電産株式会社 Nihon Densan Kabushiki-gaisha?) is a Japanese manufacturer of electric motors. Their products are found in hard-disk drives, electric appliances, automobiles and commercial and manufacturing equipment.The company has the largest global market share for the tiny spindle motors that power hard-disk drives.
The two product groups with the largest sales are hard-disk drive motors and electrical and optical components with 21.5% and 30% of sales, respectively.
As of 2015, the company has 230 subsidiaries companies located across Japan, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Nidec is listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the TOPIX 100 stock market index.
The acquisitions of Nidec
- Nidec ASI. In 2012 Nidec acquired Ansaldo Sistemi Industriali S.p.A. which becomes Nidec ASI. Since 2012 Nidec ASI is involved in comprehensive drive technology. As a part of Nidec Group, Nidec ASI S.p.A core business includes Energy, Marine, Metals, Oil & Gas and General Industry (cement, water treatment, rubber and plastic, materials handling, glass, ceramics, paper and ropeway). Since 2014, Giovanni Barra is CEO of Nidec ASI
- "Company Profile". Nidec. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "Nidec Corporation Company Profile". Hoovers. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "Nidec Corporation Snapshot". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "Nidec Corporation CSR Report (2014)" (PDF). Nidec. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "Nidec Corporation Stock Data". Japan Exchange Group. Archived from the original on February 3, 2015. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "The Future of Technology: The Big Trends Ahead and Our Ranking of the Top 100 Info Tech Companies". Bloomberg Businessweek. 2005. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "The World's Most Innovative Companies". Forbes. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- Nidec ASI official web site
- "Nidec-Asi, il nuovo ad è Barra: Gemme vicepresidente". The Medi Telegraph. May 20, 2014. Retrieved April 15, 2016.
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|