|• Total||3.33 km2 (1.29 sq mi)|
|Elevation||436 m (1,430 ft)|
|Population (Dec 2014)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,800/sq mi)|
|Surrounded by||Fislisbach, Mellingen, Oberrohrdorf, Remetschwil, Stetten|
Niederrohrdorf has an area, as of 2006[update], of 3.3 km2 (1.3 sq mi). Of this area, 45% is used for agricultural purposes, while 29.6% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 24.5% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (0.9%) is non-productive (rivers or lakes).
The municipality is located in the Baden district, on the western foot of the Heitersberg in an ecologically important moorland. It consists of the village of Niederrohrdorf and the hamlets of Holzrüti and Vogelrüti as well as scattered farm houses.
Coat of arms
Niederrohrdorf has a population (as of 31 December 2014) of 3,622. As of 2008[update], 18.1% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has grown at a rate of 19.8%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German (89.1%), with Italian being second most common ( 2.5%) and Turkish being third ( 1.3%).
The age distribution, as of 2008[update], in Niederrohrdorf is; 324 children or 9.9% of the population are between 0 and 9 years old and 327 teenagers or 10.0% are between 10 and 19. Of the adult population, 432 people or 13.2% of the population are between 20 and 29 years old. 540 people or 16.5% are between 30 and 39, 504 people or 15.4% are between 40 and 49, and 471 people or 14.4% are between 50 and 59. The senior population distribution is 356 people or 10.8% of the population are between 60 and 69 years old, 233 people or 7.1% are between 70 and 79, there are 86 people or 2.6% who are between 80 and 89,and there are 9 people or 0.3% who are 90 and older.
As of 2000[update], there were 64 homes with 1 or 2 persons in the household, 491 homes with 3 or 4 persons in the household, and 417 homes with 5 or more persons in the household. The average number of people per household was 2.45 individuals. In 2008[update] there were 519 single family homes (or 34.5% of the total) out of a total of 1,503 homes and apartments.
In Niederrohrdorf about 81% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule). Of the school age population (in the 2008/2009 school year[update]), there are 199 students attending primary school, there are 126 students attending secondary school in the municipality.
The historical population is given in the following table:
As of 2007[update], Niederrohrdorf had an unemployment rate of 2.17%. As of 2005[update], there were 57 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 15 businesses involved in this sector. 350 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 32 businesses in this sector. 323 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 81 businesses in this sector.
As of 2000[update] there were 1,298 total workers who lived in the municipality. Of these, 1,044 or about 80.4% of the residents worked outside Niederrohrdorf while 438 people commuted into the municipality for work. There were a total of 692 jobs (of at least 6 hours per week) in the municipality.
From the 2000 census[update], 1,251 or 51.2% are Roman Catholic, while 662 or 27.1% belonged to the Swiss Reformed Church. Of the rest of the population, there are 17 individuals (or about 0.70% of the population) who belong to the Christian Catholic faith.
- Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeindedaten nach 4 Hauptbereichen
- Swiss Federal Statistics Office – STAT-TAB Ständige und Nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Region, Geschlecht, Nationalität und Alter (German) accessed 31 August 2015
- Niederrohrdorf in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Amtliches Gemeindeverzeichnis der Schweiz published by the Swiss Federal Statistical Office (German) accessed 14 January 2010
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 9 February 2010
- Flags of the World.com accessed 9 February 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau -Bereich 01 -Bevölkerung (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau -Bevölkerungsdaten für den Kanton Aargau und die Gemeinden (Archiv) (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau - Aargauer Zahlen 2009 (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau-Bereich 11 Verkehr und Nachrichtenwesen (German) accessed 21 January 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Niederrohrdorf.|