Niels Onstad (1909 -17 June 1978) was a Norwegian shipowner and art collector.
Niels Onstad was born in Kristiania in 1909. In 1935, together with his brother Haakon Onstad, he started the shipping company, Niels Onstad Tank Rederi A / S, which later was named Niels Onstads Tankrederi with headquarters in Oslo. Haakon Onstad had entered ship owning in 1932 with the Pan Gothia but because of the uncertain financial times the ship was given Swedish registry under Rederi A/B Pagota. In 1940, Niels Onstad fled to the United States during the Occupation of Norway by Nazi Germany. Haakon Onstad relocated to Kungsbacka, Sweden where he formed Rederi A/B Kungsoil and Rederi A/B Monacus.
In 1956 Niels Onstad married Sonja Henie. Onstad, whose mother had been a painter, had many contacts in the Norwegian art world, including Edvard Munch. Together, Onstad and Henie established the Henie-Onstad Art Centre at Høvikodden in Bærum southwest of Oslo. 
- Niels Onstad (St. Petersburg Times - Jun 20, 1978)
- Haakon Onstad. Rederiaktiebolaget Kungsoil, Kungsbacka, Sweden (House flags of Swedish Shipping Companies)
- Haakon Onstad (Onstad Rederierna. Red Ab Kungsoil – Red Ab Monacus)
- Henriksen, Petter, ed. (2007). "Niels Onstad". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 1 August 2010.
- Henie-Onstad Art Centre (Norway Cultural Profiles ProjectCultural Profile)
- Andersen, Alf G. (1985). Som i en drøm – Sonja Henies liv (in Norwegian). Schibsted. p. 146. ISBN 82-516-1041-9.
- "Norwegian cup 1928". RSSSF Norway. Archived from the original on 24 May 2008. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
|This Norwegian business biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|