|Born||Nieves Navarro García
November 11, 1938
|Other names||Susan Scott
|Spouse(s)||Luciano Ercoli (1972–2015; his death)|
Nieves Navarro García (born November 11, 1938 in Almería, Spain) is a retired Spanish-born Italian actress and fashion model. Navarro worked extensively in Italian cinema appearing alongside actors such as Totò and Lino Banfi in the 1960s and 1970s. She later adopted the Americanized stage name Susan Scott for many of her productions after 1969.
Navarro was also one of the first female stars of the Spaghetti Western genre making her feature film debut in A Pistol for Ringo and its sequel The Return of Ringo along with later appearances in The Big Gundown (1966), Long Days of Vengeance (1967), Cloud of Dust... Cry of Death... Sartana Is Coming (1970) and Adiós, Sabata (1971). In 1972, she married the Italian director and producer Luciano Ercoli, starring in many of his productions up until the early-1980s, and was familiar for her erotically-themed roles in giallo and sex comedies. She went into semi-retirement after 1983, making two last films in 1989. In recent years, she returned to live in her native Spain with her husband.
Navarro's career began as advertising and fashion model. The introduction of television in Spain in 1956 led to further appearances in commercials and other work in the industry during the next few years. She began her career as a film actress in Italy alongside Totò in the Lawrence of Arabia parody Toto of Arabia (1965), a Spanish-Italian co-production, in which she played Doris, a beautiful spy in the service of the British SIS, who charms the Sheik of Kuwait El Ali el Buzur (Fernando Sancho) and allows Totò to use her to drive the one hundred wives of Sheik jealous.
Her early work in films took place in the Spaghetti Westerns that were shot regularly in her hometown of Almeria. In 1965, she appeared in A Pistol for Ringo, starring Giuliano Gemma, as the girlfriend of the Mexican bandit Sancho (Fernando Sancho). Navarro also appeared in the sequel The Return of Ringo, and supporting roles in The Big Gundown (1966), Long Days of Vengeance (1967), Light the Fuse... Sartana Is Coming (1970)  and Adiós, Sabata (1971). Nieves also had leading roles in a number of action and horror films during this period and was among the protagonists of the film Death Walks At Midnight (1972), directed by Luciano Ercoli, who eventually became her husband.
She subsequently moved to Italy with Ercoli where she spent the rest of her career, starring in many of her husband's projects, which ended veering towards Italian erotica and "giallo" cinema. It was in the latter genre that highlighted her as a major star especially her appearances in the Emannuelle series, Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals (1977) and Emanuelle e Lolita (1978), directed by Joe D'Amato and Henri Sala respectively.
In 1983, Navarro attempted to return to Spanish cinema with films like Gianfranco Angelucci's drama Honey with Fernando Rey, but with less than expected success. She made two last films in 1989, Fiori di zucca and Casa di piacere, before going into retirement. In recent years, she has returned to Spain, settling in Barcelona with Ercoli.
|1965||A Pistol for Ringo||Dolores|
|The Return of Ringo||Rosita|
|1966||Kiss Kiss...Bang Bang||Alina Shakespeare|
|Toto of Arabia||Doris|
|Che notte, ragazzi!||Consuelo|
|The Big Gundown||The Widow|
|1967||Long Days of Vengeance||Dolly|
|A Wrong Way to Love||Anna Lanfranchi|
|Amor a todo gas||Laura Montes/Falsa Elena|
|Naked Violence||Livia Ussaro|
|1970||Le foto proibite di una signora per bene||Dominique|
|Cloud of Dust... Cry of Death... Sartana Is Coming||Belle Manassas|
|1971||Adiós, Sabata||Saloon Dancer at Kingsville Texas|
|Siete minutos para morir||Karin Foster|
|Death Walks on High Heels||Nicole Rochard|
|1972||All the Colors of the Dark||Barbara Harrison|
|Kill the Poker Player||Lilly/Kate|
|So Sweet, So Dead||Lily|
|Death Walks at Midnight||Valentina|
|1973||Death Carries a Cane||Kitty|
|1974||Chi ha rubato il tesoro dello scia?|
|Il giudice e la minorenne||Laura|
|The Magnificent Dare Devil||Nina|
|1975||Los hijos de Scaramouche|
|Il vizio di famiglia||Ines, the Countess|
|1976||Noi siam come le lucciole|
|Il medico... la studentessa||Luisa|
|There's a Spy in My Bed||Madame|
|Smooth Velvet, Raw Silk||Crystal|
|Mauricio, mon amour||Uncredited|
|Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals||Maggie McKenzie|
|1978||Emanuelle e Lolita||Emanuelle|
|Cugine mie||Aunt Gaia|
|1979||Candide Lolita||Adrienne Larousse|
|The Nurse in the Military Madhouse||Veronica La Russa|
|1980||La moglie in bianco... l'amante al pepe||Anna-Maria Mancuso|
|Sex and Black Magic||Helen|
|1983||El fascista, doña Pura y el follón de la escultura||Pura|
|1989||Fiori di zucca||Madre di Enzo|
|Casa di piacere|
- Parish, James and Michael Pitts. The Great Spy Pictures II. Metuchen, NJ: Scarecrow, 1986. (pg. 138, 375) ISBN 0-8108-1913-9
- Giacovelli, Enrico. Poi dice che uno si butta a sinistra!. Rome: Gremese, 1994. (pg. 304)
- Giacovelli, Enrico. Un Secolo di Cinema Italiano, 1900-1999: Dalle origini agli anni Sessanta. Lindau: Torino, 2002. (pg. 339)
- Frayling, Christopher. Spaghetti Westerns: Cowboys and Europeans from Karl May to Sergio Leone. London: Routledge & Keagan Paul, 1981. (pg. 262-263) ISBN 0-7100-0503-2
- Hughes, Howard. Once Upon a Time in the Italian West: The Filmgoers' Guide to Spaghetti Westerns. London and New York: I.B. Tauris, 2006. (pg. 31, 38, 151) ISBN 1-85043-896-X
- Maltin, Leonard. Leonard Maltin's 2009 Movie Guide. New York: Penguin, 2008. (pg. 124) ISBN 0-452-28978-5
- Green, Paul. Encyclopedia of Weird Westerns: Supernatural and Science Fiction Elements in Novels, Pulps, Comics, Films, Television and Games. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland, 2009. (pg. 151, 176) ISBN 0-7864-4390-1
- Weisser, Thomas. Spaghetti Westerns: The Good, The Bad, and The Violent: A Comprehensive, Illustrated Filmography of 558 Eurowesterns and Their Personnel, 1961-1977. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland, 1992. (pg. 9, 193) ISBN 0-89950-688-7
- Stine, Scott Aaron. The Gorehound's Guide to Splatter Films of the 1960s and 1970s. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland, 2001. (pg. 234) ISBN 0-7864-0924-X
- Maltin, Leonard. Leonard Maltin's Movie & Video Guide 2004. New York: Signet, 2003. (pg. 633) ISBN 0-451-20940-0
- Castoldi, Gian Luca. Donne in Prigione: Nazisti, Horror e Fantascienza, Thriller, Decameroni e Film Esotici. Rome: Profondo Rosso, 2005. (pg. 198)
- Baldi, Alfredo. Schermi Proibiti: La Censura in Italia 1947-1988. Venice: Marsilio, 2002.
- Bruschini, Antonio and Antonio Tentori, ed. Western all'italiana: The Specialists. Firenze: Glittering lmages, 1998.
- Giusti, Marco. Dizionario del Western all'Italiana. Italy: Arnoldo Mondadori Editore, 2007.