Nigel De Brulier
|Nigel De Brulier|
|Born||Francis George Packer
8 August 1877
Frenchay village, Bristol, England, UK
|Died||30 January 1948
Los Angeles, California, USA
Nigel De Brulier (8 August 1877 – 30 January 1948), born Francis George Packer, was an English film actor.
De Brulier was born in Frenchay village, a suburb of Bristol on August 8, 1877 , as Francis George Packer, the son of James Packer, a Gloucestershire coachman, and his wife Louisa Packer, nee Field.
De Brulier launched his career as an actor and singer on the stage in his native country and transferred to the American stage after moving to Canada and then to the United States in 1898. His first film role was a poet in The Pursuit of the Phantom in 1914. In 1915 he acted in the film Ghosts based on a play by Henrik Ibsen.
Nigel De Brulier portrayed Cardinal Richelieu in the four films: The Three Musketeers (1921), The Iron Mask (1929), The Three Musketeers (1935) and The Man in the Iron Mask (1939). De Brulier appeared with Douglas Fairbanks in The Gaucho (1927) and was also one of the few actors of the silent era who reached reasonable success in talkies, although his roles in them were quite minor. He played the wizard Shazam in the 1941 Republic serial Adventures of Captain Marvel and also acted in Charlie Chan in Egypt in 1935.
De Brulier died in Los Angeles in 1948.
- Hypocrites (1915) (uncredited)
- Intolerance (1916)
- Joan the Woman (1917)
- Triumph (1917)
- The Kaiser, the Beast of Berlin (1918)
- The Romance of Tarzan (1918)
- The Testing of Mildred Vane (1918)
- The Boomerang (1919)
- The Virgin of Stamboul (1920)
- The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (1921)
- The Three Musketeers (1921)
- Foolish Wives (1922)
- A Doll's House (1922)
- Salome (1923)
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1923)
- Wild Oranges (1924)
- Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ (1925)
- The Ancient Mariner (1925)
- Don Juan (1926)
- The Patent Leather Kid (1927)
- Noah's Ark (1928)
- The Iron Mask (1929)
- The Wheel of Life (1929)
- Moby Dick (1930)
- Miss Pinkerton (1932)
- The Hound of the Baskervilles (1939)
- The Man in the Iron Mask (1939)
- The Adventures of Captain Marvel (1941)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nigel De Brulier.|