Nigel Mazlyn Jones
|Nigel Mazlyn Jones|
Jones in concert in Birmingham in May 2004
26 June 1950 |
Dudley, Surrey, England
|Instruments||12 and 6 string Guitar|
|Years active||1972 - current day|
|Labels||Isle of Light, Voiceprint|
|Associated acts||Prince Heathen, Mosaic,|
Jones was born in 1950, in Dudley, England, where he did part-time work at Dudley Zoo from the age of 12. In 1969, he moved to Jersey, to work full-time with the apes at Jersey Zoo (now Durrell Wildlife Park), but "watching people watching animals taught me conservation in the wild is essential" and relocated to north Cornwall, to make his living as a musician.
He has collaborated with many notable musicians, including Guy Evans of Van der Graaf Generator, Roy Harper, (he plays guitar and dulcimer on Harper's 1990 album Once), Banco de Gaia, Steve Jolliffe of Tangerine Dream, Steve Hillage and Nik Turner from Hawkwind.
- Ship to Shore (CD reissue has 23 minutes of previously unreleased material)
- Breaking Cover (vinyl only)
- Sentinel (CD reissue has six bonus tracks)
- Water From The Well (vinyl only)
- Beyond This Point (live; video only)
- Mazlyn Jones (live; vinyl only)
- Angels Over Water (Instrumental CD)
- Mazlyn Jones with Guy Evans & Nik Turner (Live CD)
- Behind the Stone (1999 songs CD)
- Planet For $ale (2007)
- Raft (2014)
- "Health probe into Camelford poisoning". BBC News. 2001-08-14. Retrieved 25 April 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nigel Mazlyn Jones.|