Nigel Paulet, 18th Marquess of Winchester
Nigel George Paulet was born on 23 December 1941 to George Cecil Paulet (1905–1961) and Hazel Margaret Wheeler. He has two siblings, an older sister, Angela Jane Paulet (b. 1939), and a younger brother, Timothy Guy Paulet (b. 1944). After his father's death in 1961, his mother remarried, to George Meyer, in 1962.
Paulet's great-great grandfather was Lord Charles Paulet (1802–1870), the son of Charles Paulet, 13th Marquess of Winchester. Upon the death of his unmarried first cousin once removed, Richard Paulet, 17th Marquess of Winchester, on 5 March 1968, the 26 year-old Nigel became the 18th Marquess of Winchester, the highest-ranking Marquess in the United Kingdom. The 17th Marquess' grandfather, Col. Charles William Paulet (1832–1897), was the great-grandfather of the 18th Marquess.
On 25 November 1967, he married Rosemary Anne Hilton, daughter of Major Aubrey John Hilton. They have two sons and one daughter, including:
- Christopher John Hilton Paulet, Earl of Wiltshire (born 30 July 1969), heir apparent.
|Ancestors of Nigel Paulet, 18th Marquess of Winchester|
- "Burke's Peerage". Retrieved 22 November 2006.
- "Hazel Margaret Wheeler". www.thepeerage.com. The Peerage. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Nizinskyj, Paul (21 September 2013). "Marquess & Marchioness". Peers Magazine. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- The Peerage: Richard Charles Paulet, 17th Marquess of Winchester
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Marquess of Winchester
- Nigel Paulet, 18th Marquess of Winchester
|Peerage of England|
| Marquess of Winchester
|Orders of precedence in the United Kingdom|
| United Kingdom Order of Precedence
The Marquess of Huntly
|This biography of a marquess in the peerage of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|