Nigel Paulet, 18th Marquess of Winchester
Nigel George Paulet was born on 23 December 1941 to George Cecil Paulet (1905-1961) and Hazel Margaret Wheeler. He has two siblings, an older sister, Angela Jane Paulet (b. 1939), and a younger brother, Timothy Guy Paulet (b. 1944). After his father's death in 1961, his mother remarried, to George Meyer, in 1962.
Paulet's great-great grandfather was Lord Charles Paulet (1802-1870), the son of Charles Paulet, 13th Marquess of Winchester. Upon the death of his unmarried distant cousin, Richard Paulet, 17th Marquess of Winchester, on 5 March 1968, the 26 year-old Nigel became the 18th Marquess of Winchester, the highest ranking Marquess in the United Kingdom. The 17th Marquess' grandfather, Col. Charles William Paulet (1832–1897), was the great-grandfather of the 18th Marquess.
On 25 November 1967, he married Rosemary Anne Hilton, daughter of Major Aubrey John Hilton. They have two sons and one daughter, including:
- Christopher John Hilton Paulet, Earl of Wiltshire (born 30 July 1969), heir apparent.
|Ancestors of Nigel Paulet, 18th Marquess of Winchester|
- "Burke's Peerage". Retrieved 22 November 2006.
- "Hazel Margaret Wheeler". www.thepeerage.com. Thee Peerage. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- Nizinskyj, Paul (21 September 2013). "Marquess & Marchioness". Peers Magazine. Retrieved 26 October 2016.
- The Peerage: Richard Charles Paulet, 17th Marquess of Winchester
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Marquess of Winchester
- Nigel Paulet, 18th Marquess of Winchester
|Peerage of England|
|Marquess of Winchester
|This biography of a marquess in the peerage of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|