Night Fishing (film)
|Directed by||Park Chan-wook|
|Produced by||Park Chan-wook|
|Written by||Park Chan-wook|
|Music by||Jang Young-kyoo|
|Edited by||Park Chan-wook|
|Distributed by||KT olleh|
Night Fishing (Original Korean title: 파란만장; Paranmanjang, lit. "Ups and Downs." or "A Checkered Past") is a 2011 South Korean fantasy-horror short film directed, produced, written by PARKing CHANce (brand name of the brothers, Park Chan-wook and Park Chan-kyong). The lead role is played by K-pop star, Lee Jung-hyun.
It was shot entirely on the Apple iPhone 4, and was financially supported by KT (South Korea's exclusive distributor of the iPhone at the time), which supplied the duo with 150 million Korean Won (US$133,447). It was screened to over 100 reporters on January 11, 2011, and opened for public release on January 27.
A man casually sets up for a fishing trip at the water's edge. Evening comes and a tug on his line presents him with the body of a woman. While he tries to disentangle himself from the fishing lines, she comes alive. The scene changes and the woman is now a shaman priestess in a funeral ritual for a man who drowned in a river. He speaks through her to his relatives, asking for forgiveness.
- Lee Jung-hyun as a female shaman
- Oh Kwang-rok as Oh Kee-seok, a fisherman
- Lee Yong-nyeo as mother of Kee-seok
- Associated Press (10 January 2011). "Oldboy director Park Chan-wook shoots new film on iPhone". The Guardian.
- Jaeyeon Woo (January 10, 2011). "A Novel Way of Using iPhone 4: Filmmaking". Wall Street Journal.
- "The Awards / Die Preise" (PDF). Berlinale.de. Berlin International Film Festival. 2011-02-19. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-11-13. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- Jean Noh (January 11, 2011). "Park Chan-wook collaborates on iPhone short to get theatrical launch". Screen Daily.
- Jaeyeon Woo (2011-01-10). "A Novel Way of Using iPhone 4: Filmmaking". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
|This South Korean film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2010s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|