Night Terrors (film)
|Directed by||Tobe Hooper|
|Produced by||Yoram Globus
Harry Alan Towers
|Written by||Rom Globus
|Music by||Dov Seltzer|
|Edited by||Alain Jakubowicz|
Night Terrors is a 1993 American-Canadian-Egyptian horror film, directed by Tobe Hooper. The plot involves a young girl who travels to Cairo to visit her father, but becomes unwillingly involved with a bizarre sadomasochistic cult led by the charismatic Paul Chevalier, a descendant of Marquis de Sade. Horror star Robert Englund plays both Chevalier and de Sade.
|This article needs an improved plot summary. (November 2015)|
A young girl travels to Cairo to visit her father, and becomes unwillingly involved with a bizarre sadomasochistic cult led by the charismatic Paul Chevalier, who is a descendant of the Marquis de Sade.
- Robert Englund - Paul Chevalier / Marquis De Sade
- Zoe Trilling - Genie
- Alona Kimhi - Sabina
- Juliano Mer-Khamis - Mahmoud
- Chandra West - Beth
- William Finley - Dr. Matteson
- Irit Sheleg - Fatima
John Kenneth Muir wrote in Horror Films of the 1990s, "Many Tobe Hooper films admirably shatter taboos and film decorum, but there's little intellectual, stylish gamesmanship in this underwhelming film." Contemporary North American Film Directors noted that, along with 1989's Spontaneous Combustion, director Tobe Hooper "plumbed new depths".
- Muir, John Kenneth (15 September 2011). "Night Terrors (a.k.a. Tobe Hooper's Night Terrors) *". Horror Films of the 1990s. McFarland. p. 297. ISBN 0786440120. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- Allon, Yoram; Cullen, Del; Patterson, Hannah (2002). "Tobe HOOPER". Contemporary North American Film Directors: A Wallflower Critical Guide. Wallflower Press. ISBN 1903364523. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Night Terrors (1993) - IMDb". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
|This article about a 1990s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|