Night Watch (1928 film)
|Directed by||Alexander Korda|
|Produced by||Ned Marin|
|Written by||Michael Morton (play)
|Music by||Emil Bierman
|Edited by||George McGuire|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
Night Watch is a 1928 American drama film directed by Alexander Korda and starring Billie Dove, Paul Lukas and Donald Reed. It was an adaptation of the dramatic play In the Night Watch, written by Michael Morton. The film is set almost entirely on a French warship at the beginning of the First World War. Although largely a silent film Night Watch was the first of Korda's films to feature sound effects and music but no dialogue from Vitaphone.
A print is preserved at Cineteca Italiana, Milan.
- Billie Dove - Yvonne Corlaix
- Paul Lukas - Captain Corlaix
- Donald Reed - Lieutenant D'Artelle
- Nicholas Soussanin - Officer Brambourg
- Nicholas Bela - Leduc
- George Periolat - Fargasson
- William H. Tooker - Mobrayne
- Gusztáv Pártos - Dagorne
- Anita Garvin - Ann
- Kulik, Karol. Alexander Korda: The Man Who Could Work Miracles, pp. 49-51. Virgin Books, 1990.
- The Night Watch at silentera.com
- The Library of Congress American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog: Night Watch
|This article about a silent drama film from the 1920s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|