Night of the Garter
|Night of the Garter|
British lobby card
|Directed by||Jack Raymond|
|Produced by||Herbert Wilcox|
|Written by||Wilson Collison (play)
Avery Hopwood (play)
|Music by||Lew Stone|
|Distributed by||United Artists|
The film was made at Elstree Studios by the producer Herbert Wilcox for release by United Artists. It was based on the play Getting Gertie's Garter by Avery Hopwood and Wilson Collison. The film's sets were designed by the art director Andrew Mazzei.
A bridegroom searches for his bride's missing jewelled garter.
- Sydney Howard as Bodger
- Winifred Shotter as Gwen Darling
- Elsie Randolph as Jenny Warwick
- Connie Ediss as Fish
- Austin Melford as Bunny Phipps
- Harold French as Teddy Darling
- Jack Melford as Kenneth Warwick
- Marjorie Brooks as Barbara Phipps
- Arthur Chesney as Vicar
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.
|This article related to a British comedy film of the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|