Night of the Long Knives (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Night of the Long Knives was a purge of political opponents in Nazi Germany in 1934.
Night of the Long Knives may also refer to:
- Night of the Long Knives (Arthurian), a massacre of British chieftains by Saxons ca. 460
- Night of the Long Knives (1962), a political purge in Britain
- The 1841 assassination in Afghanistan of Alexander Burnes
- The 1981 Kitchen Meeting in the process of Canadian constitutional patriation, where the province of Quebec was left out of a key negotiation to its detriment, unaware until the next morning.
- Night of the Long Knives (1992), the Provisional Irish Republican Army attack on the Irish People's Liberation Organisation, which forced the latter to disband
Arts, entertainment and media
- A song from the AC/DC album For Those About to Rock We Salute You
- A song from the Machine Head album Bloodstone & Diamonds about the Helter Skelter murders
- An episode of the television series The Time Tunnel
- A 1960 novella by Fritz Leiber
- A stage in the road race Monte Carlo Rally
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Night of the Long Knives.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.